Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Trail cam is all set up. If it keeps returning I will set a 220 conibear trap in the run at night. That will do the trick. Many skunks and racoons have made their maker by traps set by me.
wink.png

OK Heather our bird lady .............this was hanging out in my backyard saturday morning. Is it a blue heron? dh couldn't get good pics pf it as it kept moving away from him. Very tall!

Ha, ha, love that I am the bird lady now! I'm not really all that great at ID'ing though... my first thought was that it was a Night Heron but it could be a Great Blue Heron too. The link for the Cornell Birding site is here: http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Great_Blue_Heron/id the black under the eye is throwing me a bit, but maybe you got a better look at it. It will probably come back if it was successful in finding something to eat.

Trail cam is all set up. If it keeps returning I will set a 220 conibear trap in the run at night. That will do the trick. Many skunks and racoons have made their maker by traps set by me.
wink.png
See now you sound like a pro to me. Not the sort of person that feeds trapped animals left over balogna. I am a weenie.
yippiechickie.gif

WOW!
ep.gif
close call last night in the hen house. I sat Down around 7:30 pm to watch the pregame for the Stanley Cup Finals and totally forgot to lock the girls coop up. Well it was around 11:15 and I hear the girls making blood curdling screams. I run out with nothing but sneakers and a baseball bat to see what is happening. As I get to their coop I see 2 of the girls running around the run in total panic and feathers all over the run. I thought for sure I lost some birds but after a head count, they all were there. I never saw the perp but my guess is a raccoon. I guess its time to install the electric fence on this run like I had done on the old run.
Only sneakers??? Make sure you stay clear of the trail cam or at least review it before you post it like Heather did...

Back
Top Bottom