Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Only sneakers??? Make sure you stay clear of the trail cam or at least review it before you post it like Heather did...
Ha ha ha! Took me a second to catch that. v
lau.gif

So the fox kit is gone to a better place, shuffled off the mortal coil, etc etc. The wildlife guy said that once that type of mange gets into a den it will kill all of them, at least the juveniles. We rebated the trap with fox scent and left in the same spot. He said once that smell gets there they all come to the same spot over and over. Maybe I'll catch the rest of the babies from this year anyway. I don't mind having one or two cagey adults around to take care of the squirrels and bunnies from going overboard population wise but when they're napping on my front steps at 7:00am I have a problem with that.

LOL. I was thinking that but wouldn't say it. It's always hard to see an animal in a bad way. We are human and do have compassion for all living creatures.

Okay, let's not get carried away. I can give you a list of human-type living creatures I'd like to put in a cage and feed leftover bologna.

Because I'm not demoralized enough, today the school secretary was in my classroom going through boxes I had packed - when I was out of the room. She came into my room, noticed a box of videos labeled with the deceased teacher's name, and helped herself. She then asked me about them (gee, thanks). I told her that my predecessor's daughter had already taken what she wanted and told me to keep the rest. She didn't seem to believe me and kept them herself. Whatever. But then I noticed she had gone through a cardboard box (contents not in plain view) as well.

Long story short - I boxed everything that was mine and took it home today, except for whatever stuff I need for the next 2-1/2 weeks. Bobby didn't get my message asking him to come help me (he offered at lunchtime) so I did it all myself. Don't tell my surgeon. Then I came home to a 3 foot high pile of dirty dishes in the sink. Where's that rifle Caleb said to keep handy?

I've decided to spend the night at my mom's on Saturday because my sister is coming down from Albany for the elementary school closing ceremony. We're gonna have a mini sleepover (gin rummy and chocolate no doubt) and I'm gonna get away from Bobby for a night. A good thing for both of us.

I am at my friends house for the next few days.
Mom has instructions on how to care for my baby
chicks. She's also on incubator watch. I have 7
Welsummer eggs due to hatch Thursday. I doubt
they will, these are the eggs my dog scrambled.
Although I'm not home so maybe they will hatch.
I'm waiting for a panick phone call from mom.
Although the way she spoiles the big girls, I'll
prolly get home and find her with hatchlings in her
bra. Lol.

Roberta-The-Chicken-Fairy-Godmother has sprinkled her magic dust again... THANK YOU, ROBERTA!!!
Roberta (a/k/a "stoopid") was here this morning with the two adorable buff Orpington juveniles that she's been fostering for me. They're three months old now and ready to make the adjustment to living with my three big girls (two Delawares and a Marans).

Roberta drove an HOUR to my house and then of course had to drive an hour to get back home again.

She is so very generous with her time, her labor and her kindness.

Much appreciate knowing such a great person, and was great finally meeting her in person. We schmoozed a little while over fruit smoothies and pistachio nuts and had a fine ole time together.

If any of you are ever out in this neck of the woods, come on over. We can talk all things chicken &/or play some Rummy Cue, Scrabble, Mah Jongg. I'm near Baldwin, Rockville Centre, Merrick, Hempstead, Uniondale, Oceanside. Those are all towns that are within ten minutes of where I am in Freeport.

-Carolyn ([email protected])

Back
Top Bottom