Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Roberta (a/k/a "stoopid") was here this morning with the two adorable buff Orpington juveniles that she's been fostering for me. They're three months old now and ready to make the adjustment to living with my three big girls (two Delawares and a Marans).

Roberta drove an HOUR to my house and then of course had to drive an hour to get back home again.

She is so very generous with her time, her labor and her kindness.

Much appreciate knowing such a great person, and was great finally meeting her in person. We schmoozed a little while over fruit smoothies and pistachio nuts and had a fine ole time together.

If any of you are ever out in this neck of the woods, come on over. We can talk all things chicken &/or play some Rummy Cue, Scrabble, Mah Jongg. I'm near Baldwin, Rockville Centre, Merrick, Hempstead, Uniondale, Oceanside. Those are all towns that are within ten minutes of where I am in Freeport.

-Carolyn ([email protected])

I'm actually coming to Baldwin to visit my old elementary school, Milburn, on Saturday. They're closing the school and they're opening it for the alumni to have a final walk through. My younger sister is coming down from Albany and we're gonna have a mini-sleepover.

Field Trip to Maggie's!!!

Roberta, Vera, Rosie, Heather, Carolyn, me, Karen(?). Who else is in?? We'll bring Scrabble, Mahjong (I always wanted to learn).

Maggie, be careful what you wish for. The Broody Moms may show up at your door!!

Roberta, Vera, Rosie, Heather, Carolyn, me, Karen(?).  Who else is in??  We'll bring Scrabble, Mahjong (I always wanted to learn).

Maggie, be careful what you wish for.  The Broody Moms may show up at your door!!

Yessss! Can we see Paul Castellano's house too? I've never really been to Staten Island, just rode the ferry a few times. We should do a trip to LI too, or maybe you can come MY way and I'll show you all Stone Barns farms!

Roberta, Vera, Rosie, Heather, Carolyn, me, Karen(?).  Who else is in??  We'll bring Scrabble, Mahjong (I always wanted to learn).

Maggie, be careful what you wish for.  The Broody Moms may show up at your door!!

Had to laugh when I read that! My travel limits are twenty minutes in any direction. Further than that is only with DH, and with months of getting used to the idea of trucking' on down the road.

I'm an ole stuck-in-the mud.

-Carolyn

Had to laugh when I read that! My travel limits are twenty minutes in any direction. Further than that is only with DH, and with months of getting used to the idea of trucking' on down the road.
I'm an ole stuck-in-the mud.
-Carolyn

Field Trip to Carolyn's too!!!

I love to travel - drive, fly, train. Boats? Not so much.

Now I'm REALLY looking forward to the end of the school year! Today one of the teachers mentioned that a student had found a paper with the notation that there were 78 hours left of school. We figured it was another teacher's math problem for her kids. Not that she's counting down or anything.

I said I'd be in my classroom calculating it to minutes...
cool.png

(Don't get me wrong. I love teaching, school, the kids, everything. But this has been the year from Hell for me. We made reservations for 2 nights in a b&b in Cape May to shake it off.)

Field Trip to Carolyn's too!!!

I love to travel - drive, fly, train. Boats? Not so much.

Now I'm REALLY looking forward to the end of the school year! Today one of the teachers mentioned that a student had found a paper with the notation that there were 78 hours left of school. We figured it was another teacher's math problem for her kids. Not that she's counting down or anything.

I said I'd be in my classroom calculating it to minutes...
cool.png

(Don't get me wrong. I love teaching, school, the kids, everything. But this has been the year from Hell for me. We made reservations for 2 nights in a b&b in Cape May to shake it off.)

Bring it on!! I love company, feasting and frolicking, right in my own backyard. You name the date. I'll break out the summer patio cushions and fire up the barbee.
-Carolyn

Yessss! Can we see Paul Castellano's house too? I've never really been to Staten Island, just rode the ferry a few times. We should do a trip to LI too, or maybe you can come MY way and I'll show you all Stone Barns farms!
I had wanted to ask you about Stone Barns Farm a while back. When you were talking about zoo trips. I love that place I drive up and get my turkeys from them for Thanksgiving..

Roberta, Vera, Rosie, Heather, Carolyn, me, Karen(?). Who else is in?? We'll bring Scrabble, Mahjong (I always wanted to learn).

Maggie, be careful what you wish for. The Broody Moms may show up at your door!!
ROAD TRIP... Count me in... I learned to play Mahjong a few years ago then stopped I love it.Its very easy to learn but I am very slow....Ladies and gents I travel all over the country by my self if anyone needs me to drive , no problem Or if you need a "Nagagator" (nickname when on road trips) I'm your girl

Only place I want to go but don't want to do alone is Costa Rica.. Hawaii without the 7 hour jet lag OK Africa also.. A friend and his girlfriend are headed there this summer and he forbid me from stowing away in his luggage. Wouldn't have to worry about airport security catching me but his girlfriend would definitely have a problem.

Susanne: Cape May is a beautiful town. You deserve a little R and R at the B and B...

Back
Top Bottom