Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

You are all so much fun to read. Thanks for all the smiles you've just given me from reading your posts.

Update: Necklace braved the black curtain again and gave us a perfect, intact, unbroken, uneaten, beautiful egg this morning.

Laverne and Shirley must have slept on the roost board all night because all the night poops were beneath the board's edge, and no poops were anywhere in the floor corner where they had been sleeping before the toweled board was installed.

Gotta go clean the house bunny's cage, clean out the fridge and wash down the shelves in there, make the beds upstairs, send out a gift card to twice-removed first cousin in honor of his becoming a bar mitzvah, do two more loads of laundry, and then maybe read a bit before DH and I leave for our 4pm appts at the gym. Lift those weights, push that bar, press that ball, OY!!!

One week from today will be our 52nd wedding anniversary. Gotta keep moving, life is good. [keyn ayen ahora]
-Carolyn
52!!!! Gotta love that Carolyn. Kep up the good work!

Caleb, you sis is adorable. Her face, when that rooster crowed, was just precious. Glad to see everyone has been having a good week.

Of my most recent dark brahma broody clutch: 2/4 hatched, 1/4 chirping but no pip yet, 1/4 no action, but should be soon. So cuuuute.

Anyone have any pure eggs (silkie, d'Anvers, crested breeds, etc...) they would like to sell? I am hoping to pick up something locally (so I don't have to ship them or at least not far) to put under a broody that just won't break. I am afraid she is going to starve herself to death if I don't get a chick under her soon. I would do more dark brahmas, but I think I would like a bit of variety this time AND the random rooster that was dropped off has been in with my hens so I can no longer be sure about the daddy. Let me know!
Hey! I have some Speckled sussex eggs from fred and mathilda if you want some ! let me know =] although to do the fact that I only have 1 hen atm you will probably only want a weeks worth for good hatching so like 7 eggs. I can give you more IF you want them... Let me know!

yuckyuck.gif

Oh man, you just took me right back to my childhood. My parents used to say that ALL THE TIME!! Then they'd spit on my head.
roll.png
I say it to my kids and they're like "Mom, really?" They temp fate all the time, they'll never learn.

52 years! How wonderful!! Mazel tov and ashtik naches! Do you have plans for such a huge occasion?

Glad that made you fondly remember the old days. Thanks for the good wishes. No plans. We'll probably sing happy anniversary to each other twenty or thirty times all day, and that will be it.

Hey! I have some Speckled sussex eggs from fred and mathilda if you want some ! let me know =] although to do the fact that I only have 1 hen atm you will probably only want a weeks worth for good hatching so like 7 eggs. I can give you more IF you want them... Let me know!
I wonder if I hatch Fred and Mathilda's eggs can I advertise the chicks as "show quality" since they both won ribbons at the spring show...
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom