Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Yes, it is beauutiful out there! I am already getting cherry tomatoes.
But the flying teeth are out.
I cannot believe how a bug that you can barely see can inflict such a bite!
No-see-ums if you haven't figured it out.

I just had an idea - would seaweed in smal quantitiesbe good for the chickens? Trace minerals & salts and all that? Any thoughts?

Al I can't believe how many people have watched that clip either, good for them. Maybe they'll get a trip to one of the daytime talk shows out of it.

Yes, it is beauutiful out there! I am already getting cherry tomatoes.
But the flying teeth are out.
I cannot believe how a bug that you can barely see can inflict such a bite!
No-see-ums if you haven't figured it out.
They got me good today both in the garden and on a walk we took on a woodland trail after the beach today. YIKES!

Heather Ive watched that vidoe and it is really funny!

Genious actually...........
clap.gif

Just went through a bout with what I believe is gaping worm. I followed others and some vet's suggestion and used horse wormer (with Ivermectin) just used a "bit smaller than a pea" dose and the bantam who had it seems cured in 48 hours - a complete turnaround. I am in Putnam and would gladly share with anyone who may need some. Seeing as how I now have a 500Yr supply of the stuff!
Mark

I just had an idea - would seaweed in smal quantitiesbe good for the chickens? Trace minerals & salts and all that? Any thoughts?
Al I can't believe how many people have watched that clip either, good for them. Maybe they'll get a trip to one of the daytime talk shows out of it.

Yes, Heather, they can eat seaweed. The best way is to hang a piece in the run from one of those black spring clips you use for a paper clip. You can also buy it ground and add it to their feed.

Today was one of this days. They just happened to have an adoption going on in front of the Animal Kingdom pet supply, and guess what? We adopted another dog! He's a pointer/border collie mix. At least that's what they think. I'll try to get a photo up of Boomer tomorrow. I can't seem to get it right using the iPad.

Just went through a bout with what I believe is gaping worm. I followed others and some vet's suggestion and used horse wormer (with Ivermectin) just used a "bit smaller than a pea" dose and the bantam who had it seems cured in 48 hours - a complete turnaround.  I am in Putnam and would gladly share with anyone who may need some.  Seeing as how I now have a 500Yr supply of the stuff!
Mark

welcome mark; find out when you can eat the eggs again that is if it's a girl

Just went through a bout with what I believe is gaping worm. I followed others and some vet's suggestion and used horse wormer (with Ivermectin) just used a "bit smaller than a pea" dose and the bantam who had it seems cured in 48 hours - a complete turnaround.  I am in Putnam and would gladly share with anyone who may need some.  Seeing as how I now have a 500Yr supply of the stuff!
Mark

Mark, glad you were able to cure the bantam. That has to be a tough thing to diagnose, and then have to use horse wormer on the chicken. I would be scared about getting the dosage right.

Happy that all turned out well for you and the bantam.

Al

Yes, Gape worm is scary. The bird looks like it is gasping for air, or choking, or coughing.
It's actually a worm living in the throat
sickbyc.gif
Good to hear you got it taken care of!

Hey Tina, I spoke to Beth today... good luck with the babies!
She is great!

Al, congrats on Boomer. I went to Agway for chick food, and there was an adoption there too.
I was quite surprised to see that none of the dogs were part Pit Bull.
It seems everything is part Pit nowadays.

Last edited:
Yes, Heather, they can eat seaweed. The best way is to hang a piece in the run from one of those black spring clips you use for a paper clip. You can also buy it ground and add it to their feed.
Today was one of this days. They just happened to have an adoption going on in front of the Animal Kingdom pet supply, and guess what? We adopted another dog! He's a pointer/border collie mix. At least that's what they think. I'll try to get a photo up of Boomer tomorrow. I can't seem to get it right using the iPad.

Oh Al, so happy for you! :). Yay! I know it doesn't bring back your other guys, but it's more love. Never a bad thing.

Back
Top Bottom