Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Well went on the chicken run today.Met Tina and her daughter and Jenne and her mom?oh ya and Jennes dog.She left the diner parking lot with an unbelievable number of polish kids. it was really nice meeting everyone.Next time we'll have to have lunch.
On my way home I stopped at a Tractor Supply store. Very nice.. I ran into a ton of traffic on the way home.2 1/2 hours up and 3 1/2 home. At one point the thermometer read 110 as I was driving through NYC.
Al it looks lke your dog could have some border collie in him. My brother has had several and they are amazing dogs. Good luck with him.
Ahh.......all your pretty polish are all rehomed now? None left?
Well something will turn up for you sooner or later I hope.
Lots of miles we ride for our peeps eh? I drove home from adirondacks and my son's girlfriend held 2 little BLRW peeps I got as a gift the whole 6 hours. We had lots of fun at sonew's house that day.

Al I just wanted to thank you for starting this thread. In the short period of time I have met so many wonderful people I can't thank you enough.

In the past I would seek out antique shops,OK I still do
Code:
but now I find myself looking for Farm Supply's and AgwaysAs my mom would say I'm a strange bird.Fifty years later it has come true.

Hopefully I will get to add a Polish to my flock. A girl that is..

Have a nice day everyone.

Carol

Al I just wanted to thank you for starting this thread. In the short period of time I have met so many wonderful people I can't thank you enough.
Code:
but now I find myself looking for Farm Supply's and AgwaysAs my mom would say I'm a strange bird.Fifty years later it has come true.
Carol
I feel the same way. AND still seek out antique shops!LOL
Got lucky yesterday and bought a wooden, 5 tray antique egg crate with the inserts attached! Holds 15 dozen eggs and has its markings. I cannot wait to get it!
It is gorgeous out there this fine morning!

Code:
Carol

Carol, it has been my pleasure to watch so many get together and have a good time here. I had no idea this would become the meeting place and start of friendships that it has. We really do have a great bunch of people here. Never would have thought chickens could be such a powerful magnet to draw so many good people together. And I do know what you mean about the mindset change, and now looking at most things through chicken colored glasses.

Roberta, thanks. You had been one of the early posters that helped this thread grow into a social and informative network. And thanks to all the others who early on stuck around to make new friends, learn a few things, have some laughs and grow this thread.

I feel the same way. AND still seek out antique shops!LOL
Got lucky yesterday  and bought a wooden, 5 tray antique egg crate with the inserts attached! Holds 15 dozen eggs and has its markings. I cannot wait to get it!
It is gorgeous out there this fine morning!

Maggie, you were the second person to post here and stayed through thick and thin. Glad you liked it enough to stay. Can't believe a year has come and gone since then. We've all had lots of chicken stories during that time. Some good, some sad, and some funny ones in between. We've even become a support group at times. Sometimes, the good things in life start out as a simple idea.

Maggie, you were the second person to post here and stayed through thick and thin. Glad you liked it enough to stay. Can't believe a year has come and gone since then. We've all had lots of chicken stories during that time. Some good, some sad, and some funny ones in between. We've even become a support group at times. Sometimes, the good things in life start out as a simple idea.
I just love the whole idea of different people from different walks of life enjoying each other's company without drama of any sort. Support, advice and a daily dose of laughter..... empathy/understanding make it an oasis you can reach out toand touch in a NY minute.
yesss.gif

Just checking in and saying hello to all. Summer has got me soooo busy. So busy that I find it hard to get on this puter and post. I see a few new friends have joined in the thread. Welcome to all newcomer's. After a brief scan I saw Al has a new pup, congrats. He is a great looking dog. I hope everyone is doing well and I will try my best to get on here more often. Oh and I see it has been a year with this thread. Thanks Al for getting a good one going. It has the best participants, no judging, mud slinging and back biting going on in this thread.

Happy Anniversary
"Southern NY, Dutchess county and below"

Rich.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom