Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Awwww! tell her to enjoy school! Max desperately wants to go back to kindergarten. He starts 2nd grade today! My older 3 are already gone, and he's in the tub, singing "Call Me Maybe".
lau.gif
When my daughter started preschool, at Holy Spirit in New Hyde Park, she said "Bye, mommy" turned and sashayed right up the stairs-never looked back. My sons cried the whole day, but the second day-they loved it. Now, of course...not so much.

The girls are boycotting the outdoors this morning, My yard is flooding, and I'm guessing chickens don't like to swim. Maybe they'll make use of the time to LAY SOME EGGS ALREADY!!! I had a discussion with them last night about eggs, and breakfast and soup...

What is the deal with this rain? It's been coming down in buckets for hours. I have to drive Max since I don't want to swim to the bus stop. As it is, the water is ankle deep in the front yard!!

OK, time to get Prune boy out of the tub. "Hey, I just met you...and this is crazy..but here's my number...so call me maybe..."

Well yesterday at 530 i woke up to the chickens squaking went to see what was going on, and came around the corner and 10 feet from me their was a VERY large bear..... he ran off but in the process ripped through my fencing... so After fixing that, I went back to bed.... later around lunch time I went out to get the eggs, came around the corner again and this time their was a even bigger bear, and it had 2 little cubs.... 10 feet from me..... I really dont know how she left me alone, but she did..... SOOOOO I think its time I got a 12 gauge..... I should have died twice yesterday....

Well yesterday at 530 i woke up to the chickens squaking went to see what was going on, and came around the corner and 10 feet from me their was a VERY large bear..... he ran off but in the process ripped through my fencing... so After fixing that, I went back to bed.... later around lunch time I went out to get the eggs, came around the corner again and this time their was a even bigger bear, and it had 2 little cubs.... 10 feet from me..... I really dont know how she left me alone, but she did..... SOOOOO I think its time I got a 12 gauge..... I should have died twice yesterday....
Oh my gosh, how scary! There was something on ABC world news last night about how the bears are going to be extra hungry right now because of the drought this past summer. At least get yourself an air horn, that's pretty loud and frightening one would hope.

Nice to see you again

Wow caleb, now that's a predator and a scarey one having cubs with her.

Al, if you get the Tapatalk app for iPad, you will be able to upload photos. The app is free but you will need to pay $1.99 for photo hosting. You can upload a small number of pics for free, and the hosting is worth purchasing. BTW, did Orleans play at Opus?
Today, I finally talked my hubby into making a poopboard for our little flock of egg layers who are going on five months old. I measured, he cut and assembled, I painted and he installed. He did all the hard work :).
Tonight, I waited until all 10 ladies were smooshed into the 1.5'x2' litter box they like to sleep in, then I picked them up one at a time and placed them up on the board. They weren't too happy about being moved! The roosting bar is not installed yet and I hope they stay put all night.
Here is a pic of the 2'x6' poopboard before paint. I filled it w/40 pounds of PDZ and will take a pic of the final installation once the roost is in place.
45795257-24af-98b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice poop board.

I've tried icab and Transmitto and they did not work with BYC. I'll have to give Tapatalk a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom