Southern Sweet Tea

McCord6

Away
10 Years
Sep 9, 2009
Lake Butler (Union County)
I been making Sweet Tea EVERYDAY and today it doesn't seem to be tasting very good. I was wondering how other people make their sweet teas. This is how I do it...

Boil a small pot of water
Take off heat and add 2 tea bags (Lipton family size) and let set for about 30 minutes

In the pitcher, add a cup of sugar and fill with water, leaving enough room for the tea brew
Mix well

When the Tea brew is done, pour into pitcher and mix well

I never have changed the way I made the tea but just today it doesn't taste right, Maybe it's me. It tastes bad.

How do you make your sweet tea?

That is the way I have made mine. But usually I make mine in a coffee pot to brew. We go through at least a gallon a day and 2 on weekends! Nothing beats a nice cold glass of sweet tea!

3 family size tea bags bring to a boil in pot, pour into pitcher that already contains 1 and 1/4 C of sugar, stir. I continue to fill the pot that contains the tea bags and pour it into the pitcher until the tea bags run clear or the pitcher is full.

If you put yours in one of these plastic pitchers, make sure that you close it all the way before putting in the fridge. Sometimes when it is not closed, it tastes funny the next time you pour a glass.

I use a Mr Coffee Iced Tea maker
hide.gif

I agree with WildOrchid. I fill a pitcher with filtered water (don't like chlorine) and put it in the microwave for 2-4 minutes, depending on the size of the pitcher. I want the water hot, not boiling. Drop in 4 teabags and let it steep for 5-10 minutes. Add sugar, or in my case Stevia, and you're good to go. Boiling brings out the bitterness in tea.

My favorite tea brand is Red Rose. You can't find it in all the stores, but it's worth looking for.

Kathy, Bellville TX
www.ChickenTrackin.com

Back
Top Bottom