Southern VA: FS hens, broodies, silkies, sizzles, frizzles

6568_more_frizzles.jpg

more frizzle babes...they all tend to be dark grey.

Ok, since me and Camelot farms both are interested, and we can get a plan goin if hubby agrees to the drive. How many of each do you have. I'm really interested in some gray and splash silkies and maybe a few frizzles. So we need to kinda get an estimate on how many you have so we can figure on what each of us wants.

Hey PP...since you are doing the drive, you pick first. I'm good with leftyovers...
smile.png

I have a FABULOUS white silky hen (4 weeks) and a very unusually colored roo (cocoa colored with gold/yellow where a birchen is grey, does that make sense?) that need a couple of friends.

Cant wait til morning to see what she posts as available.

DH can NOT know about this...lol. I keep sneaking birds in the barn and pretending like they have been there for days...poor man.

Of course, I did sell off 20 this week so its a little less noticeable. *wink*

Quote:
Ha Ha, I'm setting here thinkin to myself, what Am I thinking.. You've seen my 50 blue million pens, and the attempts of pens that haven't even began. But I'm thinking...hmmm these are just a lil younger than what I have now and eventually I will be makeing me a silkie lot... sooooooooo why not. I just can't tell hubby until we get up there (If he agree's) that its for silkie's. He'd refuse to go..LOL

Looks like hubby is up for the drive, since I mention some gas monies would be offered.. I even told him it was for silkies
big_smile.png
. I'll be out alot today but would it be possible for us to come tomorrow? And also If you'll let me know how many of what you have on the silkies/sizzles/frizzles. Thanks

Yes it is possible to come tomorrow (Sunday). My husband is coming in from out of town so I have no plans....

I will get my lazy self dressed here and go out and count how many I have. I will do my best guess on what is what but like I said sometimes it is hard to know if they will come out full silkie.
smile.png
My husband is so much better at guessing with the chickens:)!!

Editted: There are 17 total babes from 3 different mama's. All about a week or so apart in age difference. All were hatched out by there mother's WITHOUT my encouragement (or else we would have seperated the frizzle)..I think the oldest batch is around 6-8 weeks old- I can't remember exactly. It looks like 6 are splash silkies, 3/4 are frizzles and then the rest are varying shades of sizzles (dark grey/light grey/splash). One of the little frizzles is kinda odd....so far he/she has no feathers on the wings. I have never seen anything like it...just the "bones" of the wings.

You two can split them and take all 17 for $45 (that makes them like 2.65 each instead of 3.00 saving you money- and for me getting rid of chickens).

Pampered tell your husband he can look at other things here too (laying hens).....but be forewarned my yard is a muddy muck mess because of all the rain we have been having. I hope it starts drying up some but some parts I actually SINK into! YUCK!

Last edited:
Quote:
Are you down for takin them all and splitting them up in some fashion once we get them? Hubby actually is wanting to do the lil road trip tomorrow so looks like its a go, We can go pick them up and give you a call when we get back or you can come when you get a chance next week and we'll split? Sound good... If all goes well we'll probably stop for a bite to eat after church and head up. I did a mapquest and it takes about 3hrs and 18 mins to get there.

Pampered will be hitting the road soon:) In a little while I will try and collect the babes in something so they are ready for her:)-it is going to be hot today!

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom