"Southernisms" and the Southern Lady

Quote:
If said correctly, it sounded like, "Ya'll go to hail."

That's it!!!!

Thank ya ma'am!
big_smile.png

Tutter wrote:
Is there any food that doesn't make a good sandwich?)

Wegotchickens wrote:
Okra

What? You gotta be kidden me! Ain't you ever had a fried okra and sliced matter sandwich with mianaze loaded up on it. You ain't lived yet if you haven't.
old.gif

Quote:
If you think you know COLD try spending the winter in maine... you barely survive and snow is still on the ground by tthe end of april.

Born in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - I win! I have actually build igloo's that last all winter long......

As far as speech goes, it doesn't matter where I live I always get asked "Where you from?" I have a speech impediment - think Elmer Fudd - r's & w's especially in the same word. It's not so bad now but I have to be careful here in SLC we have Redwood Road - this is always said very slowly....

Now I can't resist this one...a recent subject in this post was grits.....so let's hear how YOU eat them!!!

Salt and Pepper or (!) Sugar?? (ew.)
tongue.gif

Guess you can tell where I'm from, huh?

Ok, I have to say I was born and raised in upstate NewYork. I never went out of the state until I was about 11 or 12. From the time I could talk, y'all was in my vocabulary. And fixin'. I always tell everyone "I'm fixin' to" do this or that. I don't know where I got it, we're all from NY. But I blended in right away down in Florida. Maybe I got it from my mom, who is po whi trailer trash
ep.gif
. (wish I was kidding) Oh, but I never did get on the grit wagon, I'm an oatmeal girl all the way!!!

And my FIL, whose family came to Ga in the 1600's calls me a Yankee when I do that, in spite of the fact that I've been in GA since I was a year old, LOL. My DH never ate cheese on grits, either, and he's VERY Southern.

Back
Top Bottom