Spaghetti with PEANUT BUTTER?

Yup, not weird at all. Peanut sauce is a staple for lots of peeps. Adding a little chili paste, brown sugar, and lime juice for dipping gingered yogurt marinated grilled rabbit or chicken skewers...priceless.
cool.png

Welsummerchicks, thank you for both of those recipes. They sound great. I've just sent both of them to my long-time vegetarian daughter.

Last edited:
It doesn't taste like sweet peanut butter after you mix it all together!! Delicious!! Creamy, spicy, nutty, slightly tart... yum!

pastainredbellpeppersauceimagecopyrighted5.jpg
ek0210_chickensate_lg.jpg

The pic is just how my spaghetti looks.

Nope, no jelly. And it is creamy and very good!

That said, we use Smuckers natural creamy peanut butter which is very good all by itself - some kid's peanut butters are probably made with lard or veg shortening, the natural stuff is probably better for cooking.

A lot of countries/regions use peanuts or peanut sauce for protein - Africa, Indonesia, etc.

Last edited:
Mmmm Peanut sauce!!!

To give a real good flavor, make sure to add the fish sauce. No peanut sauce is complete without it.

Fish sauce comes in a squirt type bottle in the asian isle. If you can't find it, use hoisin sauce. Hoisin sauce is sweeter however.

Back
Top Bottom