welsummerchicks

Songster
9 Years
Jul 26, 2010
Mix -

1/4 c peanut butter
1/2 c chicken broth
1/2 c milk
1 clove of garlic (crushed and tossed in)
1 chunk of fresh ginger, crushed, tossed in
chop up a green pepper fine
1/8 teasp red pepper powder(add more if you like hot stuff)
1/4 c soy sauce
1 c peanuts, ground in a food processor or blender

1/2 c unsweetened coconut flakes
2/3 c coconut milk (comes in cans)

Mix all and heat til warm in a microwave oven, stir til smooth

Cook a package of spaghetti til it's just barely done but not flabby, drain and put in a mixing bowl. Pour in the above mixture and toss. Great while spaghetti is still hot but fine warmed back up, store covered or it will dry out.

Last edited:
Mmmmmm....peanut sauce....
droolin.gif

Sounds quite good to me! I love anything with "groundnut" sauce. In Ecuador we used to eat steamed cabbage leaves with peanut sauce. Yum!

Thanks, wc!

If you get in a hurry, peanut butter and hot pepper on spaghetti is pretty darn good too.

We've also made it with 'egg sheets' and fried or battered and fried tofu chunks -

'egg sheets' are kind of cool - get a big flat skillet and beat 1-2 eggs like mad til very smooth and blended, oil the skillet, get it medium hot, take it off the heat, pour in the egg, and tip the skillet so the egg covers the bottom of the skillet and is very thin. Just cook til set, and slide it off on a plate. When it cools a bit, roll it up like you roll a rug, cut across the roll in 1/8" or so pieces, as small a slice as you can manage , and toss in a soup, spaghetti, whatever you like.

And my SO's 'Texas Rule'

"A little red pepper never hurt anything"

Last edited:
gross. sorry .
sickbyc.gif
i love all those ingr. except not all together. do you have a picture of the finished product?
caf.gif
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom