Sparrow Ministries - 01-06-2012 Cleaning room done!

Thank you for prompting me to remember that if I have extra eggs, I can take them to our local food bank.

I think it's a fantastic ministry. Don't sell eggs short for value -- they have the highest quality protein available and are very nutritious all the way around. Even the shells could be eaten !!! not that anyone would but ....

You are putting a lot of your heart and soul into this. That is what makes it a ministry. Not just buying chicken feed but taking care of your flock, collecting and packaging and labeling eggs. Everyone is responsive to free stuff. I give my eggs away also at this time.

Good luck and God Bless. Will pray for you!
smile.png

Don't sell eggs short for value -- they have the highest quality protein available and are very nutritious all the way around.

Peeper makes a really good point. A lot of places are giving processed and high carb foods to the needy just because they're cheaper, and you can fill more bellies with those packaged foods. But eggs have fantastic nutrition and are easily digested. You might be helping kids that might otherwise have a pop tart for breakfast to eat healthier and have a better day at school, etc., etc.​

Quote:
Some of the “customers” will just be older folks that need a little kindness but for a hungry family just being able to offer a 5 pound bag of flour and a bottle of cooking oil along with a couple doz eggs could provide several hot breakfast meals to that family. Here in WV we often make Biscuit/Gravy/Egg breakfasts a lot

;0)

Last edited:
What a wonderful blessing you have chosen to bestow on others that might not be as fortunate or are having a tough time. God bless you in this!
love.gif

Package the eggs in half dozen numbers so that you can distribute more. Check to see if there is a local food ministry/ food pantry that you could work with. We have many in ATL. One that I like to contribute to is called NET and it serves my town and two neighboring ones, is run by a cooperative of several churches, and so I know the food is being distributed to my neighbors in need.

A great need also is fresh vegetables, which is why Plant a Row took off. Eggs are a great addition. Some states also have "Hunt for the Hungry" in which deer hunters harvest some game, which is processed for free and distributed to families.

We are only Gods Helpers and He is the one that provides everything. Please don't give any credit to me or my family. We will allways give God the Praise for any good that is done with this project or anything else in our lives.

I am thankful to just be his servant.

Praise the Lord!

Back
Top Bottom