Sparrow Ministries - 01-06-2012 Cleaning room done!

Mike,

It's really great to hear you had a visitor to church. That has to reaffirm your mindset. I am very happy for you.

You have piqued my curiosity about the people you have met. Do tell!

We are plugging away at still about a dozen a day. I have two broodies right now and I think they are disturbing the layers by hogging the nests. My little ones won't lay until around the end of the summer.

I have begun to sell a few dozen to coworkers who wanted to help me with my feed bill. I would have rather have had straight donations but they are willing to pay for a few dozen eggs and that pays the feed bill with enough eggs left over to give some away. I believe I could sell all of them but I told them up front that I am only selling a few and keeping the rest for ministering. After my new hatches come into laying I will have many more eggs for selling and giving.

I like the idea of finding folks near the church. I may have to give that some thought, too.

God bless ya.

Mark

The Lady I delivered eggs to, her daughter and her granson have been at my church the last 3 Sundays in a row. I hope that means they will become a more than just visitors in our church. We have about 20 doz eggs accumulated and hope to make deliveries again tomorrow evening. My wife wants to come along and participate more. I am blessed to have a Christian wife... as I know many people strugle with the burden of having a non-beliving spouse that might oppose them serving for the Lord. All the praise to God forever.

God Bless

Mike

Update

I was not feeling well yesterday and something dawned on me. If I happened be sick for a week or so would any of my family know where to deliver eggs if deliveries needed to be made? As we had planned, my wife and 6 year old son came with me and I made sure they learned my current route
smile.png
You never know....

Anyway…. we did deliver about 20 doz eggs yesterday. We tried to plan more time so we could socialize with our neighbors some. My wife is very “out spoken” so this was very comfortable for her. We were able to talk quite a bit with several of our neighbors. Without any pressure from us, we had several people who said they might come to our church and visit us soon. I believe people need to see a little kindness and will respond to genuine people who really care. I have never made any conditions as we distribute eggs. I give them freely because I care and many of these people need the food for the body and others may need the scriptures on the carton to satisfy the cravings of the soul. If they visit our church we will be thankful but if they never do I will still continue to bring them eggs. I pray that God touches the hearts of each one who receives these eggs and that God’s Word would be READ and it will accomplish what God wants it to in the lives of our neighborhood.

God Bless

Mike

Just blessed to see this continuing. You put a smile on my heart and soul and face!

Thank you and May God continue to richly bless your ministry. Nancy

May God continue to Bless each of you as you minister to others.

Our Nation needs to come together now more than ever. We must learn and then teach our children to care for neighbor.

I'm just getting started with my chicks...do not even have a run or coop yet, but hope one day to share our eggs with our neighbors.

God bless you brother. We have had chickens for 3 years and have never sold an egg. We give our eggs away to people at our church, on our job and anybody that wants csome. We feel that God has blessed us with eggs so we should bless other people with our abundance. We currently have 20 layers and in the past we have had more. At one point we were collecting 2 dozen eggs a day. God has always allowed us to have the means to provide for these animals. God is good and I think your ministry is a great way to spread The Word.

I am blessed to see so many people interested in caring about others. God has always made a way to provide for our flock even when our money was very very tight. My wife is very supportive and for that I am thankful but even she has told me a few times that we just can't afford to feed these hens. I know we get frustrated sometime when "times are tough" but in the end our blessings always out weigh any suffering. I am convinced that there are many more opportunities out there for this ministry but If God ever moves me away from Sparrow Ministries then it will not be because of our inability to finance it but because he has a bigger challenge for us.

I have a dream of a new large building that has a concrete floor for productive cleaning and healthier environment. If I had a proper facility then I could recruit help from the local school for teens needing there community service, which is required for there graduation from High School. This building would contain a storage area for feed and a sink for sanitary washing of the eggs (since it is not the most sanitary thing to do with 30 eggs a day in your kitchen sink). Since our home refrigerator is way to small for squeezing in 20 or more extra dozens eggs. I would also like to include a refrigerator in the storage area. This is of course a dream project that I could never finance myself. Only if God places his hand on it would that ever become a reality.

Every time I head out the road with eggs in my truck it is another opportunity to touch the lives of others through a simple thing called the love of Christ.

God Bless

Mike

Last edited:
Both sermons yesterday were based on this scripture:

John 14:13 (New Living Translation)

You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father.

We are still regularly giving away eggs here. Gave 4 dozen yesterday to the elderly folks in our church.

God bless.
Mark

Quote:
Mark,

It is always a blessing to me to hear of your dedication to this project. You have a wonderful attitude and I believe God can and will use you.

I think my community expected me to disappear after the first few visits but I am persistent and still show up about every 15 days or so. I hope they can see that this "crazy chicken guy" cares... and will be back to check on them again soon. I get the chance to talk to them about challenges in their lives and their health. They sometimes give me prayer requests and several people have even come to visit our church. I think this is planting a seed. Only God knows what will develop in each of their hearts but I hope Gods love shows through everything I do.

We can talk about love all day long but those words will not mean very much. Love that is shown... is real love and it can move through a community and change lives. Had Jesus only told us of his love then I expect a lot of us would have failed to serve Him. But Jesus didn’t just tell us of his love but he touched lives by showing his love while he walked the earth. Then, in the biggest display of love ever Jesus offered himself up as a sacrifice for our sins so we could be saved. By His example I know that love is to be SHOWN. Not just in this ministry but in every part of our lives.

Keep up the good work brother. I thank God for you!

God Bless

Mike

Back
Top Bottom