Sparrow Ministries - 01-06-2012 Cleaning room done!

First, did I not say your generosity was wonderful?
Second, I find it interesting that the first response to my post included several paragraphs of preaching.
I have no wish for this to descend into a religious debate. I will happily discuss theology with anyone who wishes through personal messages. I made my point, I shared my opinion.
Be well.

MIKE555444 I love what you are doing and I certainly believe that if someone is offended then they can simply refuse your eggs. You are being incredibly generous and my grandfather used to always say ' you don't always get to reap the seed you sow'. Some of these people you may not get to see them embrace the lord but our job is to keep trying to plant the seed. Be encouraged. Tell your story. Spread the word. Do not let the non believers deter your path.

To anyone else. If I were hungry, I would welcome food with any writing on it what so ever! I might even consider what would make a person so generous as to care about me and to provide me with food. Either way I'd be thankful for the nourishment.

This might be my first response I can't say, but in either case be encouraged to keep doing what your doing. Certainly there will be those who disagree but such is life. As for the preaching comment, most folks don't realize that that's what Christ told us to do and to not preach would be disobedience to Him.

Take care and be well,

Rancher

Update:
Today I am thrilled and Praising God because last night me, my wife, my son and his girlfriend finished hand digging and covering over a 150’ water line and the100amp power supply cable for the new building (before the forecasted rain). The expense for this was only possible because God put it in the hearts a very special couple to make a contribution and I’m sure they would want to be left un-named. This was a one of the biggest milestone aside from actually constructing the building itself. Please note that this was by far not the only contribution that was made but many loving people have shared in making this building a success and the Bartram Family appreciates all of your heart felt contributions rather it be labor or financial support.

This new building project is nearly 90% complete and currently houses 70 hens. It has a separate room for washing and cleaning eggs, a refrigerator for egg storage, a feed storage area, and a small Bible study area. It has a double bowl sink with a counter top and a separate deep utility sink for waterer washings and such. This side of the building is well insulated and heated with a small oil filled radiator type heater just enough to keep water lines from freezing but has a wood burning stove that will be used for a quick warm up when I’m washing eggs or using the room for Bible study.

God told me to build this building last year and that’s when we began buying the lumber for it. If you knew my family’s financial state then you could better appreciate what God has done here. When I could not come up with the money God said His riches are more than sufficient. When I wanted to move ahead God said we will do this in my time. When we were so tired we thought we couldn’t continue HE strengthened us and God supplied so much wonderful help.

I will say this, I am NOT a fundraiser. Or maybe I should say I am not good at it. My way of thinking is that I will do this on my own but God humbled me and He made me depend on Him through the generosity of others. I had to depend on others to help with the framing and roof design since I am not a carpenter. Depend on others for finances, since mine alone was not sufficient. I have had to depended on the prayers of many others for the success of making this building a tool by which my family is able to bless our others. Praise the Lord!

So the hens are already moved in but we will still need a water heater and stove pipes before we can start washing eggs in the new cleaning room. We also have some plywood work to do around the peek of the building and some gables we would like to close up before the snow starts to fly.

My God is AWESOME! As we seek to serve the Lord in any way He asks we want to make sure that we would not foolishly try to take credit for any good that comes our service for Him but that God would receive all the Glory and the Praise.

I just found this thread. What a wonderful idea! Thank you for your hard work and diligence with this project. I'm sure you have blessed many lives and you have found a way to help people at a most basic level. Following God's lead is not always easy, but it IS a blessing to you and your family.

Hi Mike

My name is Karen and I sent you a pm about getting some labels. I thing Sparrow Ministries is an awsome idea. If anyone else has the template I would love to get it.

Last edited:
Hi Karen,

I have your labels ready to go with your phone number added. I also have several Bible verses that are already formatted to send you also.
I just need you regular e-mail address to send these files to.

Praise the Lord for interest in this project.

May God Bless,

Mike

Just in case anyone is interested in sharing eggs with people in your community then I want to mention that I would be glad to change my phone number on the Sparrow Ministries label and put your number on it. I can then send you out a template for printing your own Sparrow Ministry labels. I also have several Bible verses to help get you started. (of course you don't need a Sparrow Ministry label to share your eggs with others who might be hungry)

All I need is the phone number you want on the label and a "real" e-mail address where you can receive these files.

Have a wonderful day and God Bless!

Mike

Thanks Mike, I got your PM answer. I would love some. We have a food pantry at our church and would love to be able to give some eggs. We have more than we can use right now. I'll PM you the info.

Egg Production is up.... average 51-52 eggs a day

Praise the Lord!

33744_dsc05767.jpg

33744_dsc05773.jpg

Back
Top Bottom