Speaking of gifts, MEN should check this out ;-)

Quote:
LOL Thats excatly what I asked for this year. I keep pressing the point that if I don't get it I will be VERY disappointed
rant.gif
big_smile.png

LOL! DH didn't find it amusing.
lol.png
Poor guy.

He's never been in the doghouse for practical gifts before because I don't see the point in gifting something that isn't needed. I never wear jewelry and I can't even eat cut flowers... Why would I want those things? LOL

Last Christmas, he bought me clothing because I'll wear stuff out until there's holes in it. My birthday, a new camera since my old one broke. Mother's Day, he took us as a family to the drive in for a much needed relaxing day out.
smile.png
I'm so very lucky to have my jerk of a hubby. Even if he ticks me off, even if he IS flawed, he's still mine.
lol.png

Chiknwhisperer, you won’t regret that Kitchenaid! Mine is still going strong about 15 years later. I don’t know if you’ve got a particular one in mind, but they have come out with a 6-quart model now. I have the 5-quart, but if I was buying now, I’d go for the 6-quart because some recipes need the room.

Redfeathers, you’re welcome!

SterlingAcres, I know what you mean. DH sent flowers to my office a few times on Valentine’s Day, but I decided I couldn’t stand the waste of his salary.

funny video but a few years ago one of my gifts was a huge shop vac and I loved it. I like to be able to suck up whatevers in my way socks,barbies cats or dogs
wink.png

I've heard of the Doghouse, but have never, ever sent DH there. Whatever happened to "it's the thought that counts"? (Demanding expensive gifts smacks of a mercenary relationship...)

Quote:
Yeah, but if the thought is "Clean this place up!" then hubby needs to be put in his place.
DH bought me an iron for Christmas - 15 years ago. I never complained, not a peep. I use it - WITH THE ORIGINAL BOW ATTACHED. When the kids were old enough to notice the bow & ask "why?", I told them to ask their dad. My SIL (his sis) noticed the bow. Oh boy, did he get it!
Passive aggressive much?

Ok, I love this but......what you guys really need to do is LISTEN to your wife and or girlfriend!

I told my DH i wanted a BROWN DUCK HOODED COAT to do chores with. Pretty self explanatory you would think. However, I have re explained and re explained that i don't want a black coat or a grey coat or one without a hood or a red coveralls(talk about looking like santa doing chores! OMG!) I am a bit overweight and RED does not make a fashion statement as a Woman! He asked who I was trying to impress the cows or the chickens or what. I told him that I just want a brown duck hooded coat that zips up and fits ME not him!

Why is it that when you ask and we tell you, you still try to waver from what we want. When you ask for a mossy oak camo jacket, do I try to buy you a blaze orange deer hunting coat! NOPE!!!

I ended up telling him to just forget it and not get me anything. It is just not worth it. I don't want diamonds, I want a diamond for a hubby.

So, am I hearing the "lesson" here is that we men need to listen to our DWs?

Sure seems simple in theory. Actually my DW is easily pleased, so I am very blessed.

Back
Top Bottom