Speckled Eggs...

Dec 28, 2020
Is there anything better? What breeds throw speckled eggs? Welsummers? I honestly don’t know which if my hens lays the darker speckled ones but I suspect its the green egger that doesn’t lay green. Anyway I love speckled eggs. Y'all post some up in reply if you’d like.
39716806-1AF0-452C-A568-8F6DFF69DD33.png 4D1DE7B8-1F76-4B70-82A8-40983AFFA3DC.jpeg

I had a silver laced wyandotte that laid me speckled eggs every day. I never took pictures of them like I should have, and of course, no longer have the hen! But she was very consistant in her pretty eggs.
Looked just like your speckled beauty!

Welsummers can lay them, Olive Eggers with Welsummer parentage as well.

No photos of my Welsummer's (still on winter break) but here's my OE's (Welsummer & Cream Legbar). The far right on 1st row has some tiny speckling all over, middle of 2nd row shows more obvious spots. She's now laying eggs with larger, more noticeable spots instead of many tiny spots.

speckles.jpg

My Welsummer does lay speckled eggs (these are both hers).
View attachment 2491531

My Barred Rock lays eggs with almost purple speckles. I don't have pics of those, though. She's molting...
Great speckles! We are incubating some speckled eggs now hoping they will pass it along. If we get a cock then I can breed him as the male stock to another speckled egger. I’d love to lock down a line of speckled eggers. 🥚🐣🐔

Great speckles! We are incubating some speckled eggs now hoping they will pass it along. If we get a cock then I can breed him as the male stock to another speckled egger. I’d love to lock down a line of speckled eggers. 🥚🐣🐔
I love the look of speckled eggs - even more than the colored/tinted eggs. Quail, too, lay gorgeous speckled eggs.

Welsummers can lay them, Olive Eggers with Welsummer parentage as well.

No photos of my Welsummer's (still on winter break) but here's my OE's (Welsummer & Cream Legbar). The far right on 1st row has some tiny speckling all over, middle of 2nd row shows more obvious spots. She's now laying eggs with larger, more noticeable spots instead of many tiny spots.

View attachment 2491544
Now tinted AND speckled eggs! Those are very pretty!!!

Back
Top Bottom