Speckled Sussex or Silver Laced Wyandotte? Guesses?

Thank you! I feel like a kid on Christmas every time I check the nest boxes!

Congrats!!
1f38a.png
1f37e.png
1f388.png
for the eggs!! almost 4 years later for us we still feel like it's Christmas Day each time we go and visit the coop.

Two of my five September pullets are laying!
woot.gif
Ethel, one of my two Easter Eggers, has been laying reliably for almost two weeks - 9 eggs in 11 days. She's a keeper, for sure! Today, I got my first egg from another pullet. I'm trying to determine whether it came from my Speckled Sussex or my Silver Laced Wyandotte. The Speckled Sussex has been squatting more reliably and has been in and out of the nest boxes more (that I've noticed) over the last week or so. The Silver Laced Wyandotte was the first of the pullets to develop a bright red comb and wattles and has only squatted a couple of times for me (but she's extremely high strung, so I don't often get within arm's reach of her). The egg is a litter darker than I was expecting to see from the Speckled Sussex, for what that's worth. The image below was taken outside in natural light, next to one of the Easter Egger's eggs for comparison.

Any guesses? It doesn't REALLY matter, but I'm curious and very analytical by nature.
caf.gif
Wyandotte my friend I have 10 of them.

Back
Top Bottom