1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Spell check

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Wes in Tx, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Wes in Tx

Wes in Tx Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Texas
    Any possibility of having a spell checker for us rednecks that don't spell so well? Oh I bet it would slow it down to much though. TOUNGE FIRMLY PLANTED IN CHEEK. Just wondering if it was a possibility.[​IMG]

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Dec 26, 2006
    California - SF East Bay
    haha... funny guy!

Actually, this may not be a bad thing to add. Usually the things that slow down the forum are the ones that are on every page load, or on the read only pages. A spell checker (which I sorely need) would only show on the reply pages.

Let me look into it. In the mean time, look at IeSpell for spell checking online. I use it with IE and it is a life saver!

3. shortlegs2

shortlegs2 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2007
    New Zealand
    Trust me when I say this "WES NEEDS SPELL CHECK!!!!"

HUggers......Toni:D

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Dec 26, 2006
    California - SF East Bay
    Quote:hahahaha!

Yeah, my spelling is absolutely atrocious! I tell all my friends I was born during this age for a reason... without spell check I'd be a mess!

5. AZChick

AZChick Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2007
    Arizona
    Me too, I really need spell check.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by