1. annageckos

annageckos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    SE PA / NJ
    I am hating the spell check on the forums now. I can't even use my browsers spell check, which works great for me and is easy to use(I have fire fox). I tried to paste the correct spelling of a word earlier and a window popped up??? WTH? Overall I am liking the new forums, but that just sucks. I am horrible at spelling, but hate making mistakes. But this new system is just aggravating to me. I just needed to rant a little.

2. Nitrous

Nitrous Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Firefox's spell check is working for me, but I cannot post pics and every time I right click to change a word, after I change it, a new tiny pop up opens, saying [paste] and I have to click again, somewhere else, to get it to disappear.

3. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    My spell check works but I am not able to change it. When I right click to change a window thing says paste.

4. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    I think this has been talked about. I hate it to. other than the excessive clutter and the browser spell check i like the site.

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Ctrl + right click isn't working for you? (Command + right click if you have a Mac) I'm also on Firefox and it comes up fine for me.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  6. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    Im on chrome. the site is fast but no click + control doesnt work.

7. Judy

Judy Chicken Obsessed Staff Member Premium Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia

I have FF. When I want to paste, I right click then click the "paste" that pops up, the window pops up, I right click and click the paste in my dropdown, then "OK", and it does the paste. Two extra clicks, yes, but it works -- and I don't have to place the cursor just right first.

8. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    I'm not very keen for the new spell check. It's clunky to use, but what you have to do is complete finish what you are going to type and then click on the "ABC" at the far right.

Then you can spell check.

The spell check on my browser won't work (firefox), which is irritating, but at least the spell check for BYC does work, even if it is awkward to use.

It would have been nice, if BYC is going to provide a spell check, if the spell check could recognize the breeds of poultry.

9. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    Hmmm...

Weird! I have Firefox, and "ctrl + right click" is working for me just fine... IDK.

10. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Starting sometime yesterday the site spell check stopped working for me. This is what I get for every word.

[​IMG]

Imp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by