Spell check

I just tried the one here (the ABC) and it worked fine.

I could see, greyed out, functions for it, so there must be a way to add breeds. Let me look into it.

The Spell check option in the Reply Editor is a little slow to load/check for me (especially on long posts), but the spell check in Chrome and Firefox both do work fine for me when I hold down the Ctrl key and then right click (makes sure you right click!) on each of the underlined words one at a time. (And I can correct typos as I go easily... which is good because I typo a lot, lol). At first it was kind of awkward to use the Ctrl key every time, but after I used it a few times it seemed a little more natural. (This may mess me up on other sites for a while, but I'll get over it lol).

Also for those that are having right click copy/paste problems, remember you can still use the key combos Ctrl + C to Copy, Ctrl + V to Paste . Ctrl + V has helped a lot of people bypass the issues that stop them from being able to paste text, links and images. Doesn't fix it for everyone, but you might give it a try if you are having issues.

Last edited:
The fixes for the clipboard not working correctly:

Internet explorer:
go to internet options
choose the security tab and then choose custom level
find and enable "allow programatic clipboard access"

Firefox users:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/allowclipboard-helper/

-or-

In the firefox address bar, type in: "about:config"
(no quotes), and hit enter.

In the "filter" box you now see, type in the word
"signed", and you should only have one result coming
up. It's set to DISABLED. Double-click it, and it
should change to ENABLED. Close the window. From then
on, firefox will warn you when a website tries to
access your clipboard, and you can tell it to "always
allow this site...."

I'm a little slow sometimes.... but I didn't even know the old BYC had a spell check.
I was just thinking how GLAD I am that the new one does. It seems to be working fine for me.

Yeah...it "works" just not with one click like it used to! I am going to try some of the links suggested and see it I can get the "easy" check to work! Thanks guys...this computer stuff, give me chickens any day! Terri O

Agree it isn't as easy as it used to be--using Chrome. While it will underline misspelled words it takes a couple of clicks to correct them. Easier to finish your post then use the "ABC" spell check above.

Back
Top Bottom