Spell check

annageckos

Crowing
14 Years
Sep 6, 2009
SE PA
I am hating the spell check on the forums now. I can't even use my browsers spell check, which works great for me and is easy to use(I have fire fox). I tried to paste the correct spelling of a word earlier and a window popped up??? WTH? Overall I am liking the new forums, but that just sucks. I am horrible at spelling, but hate making mistakes. But this new system is just aggravating to me. I just needed to rant a little.

Firefox's spell check is working for me, but I cannot post pics and every time I right click to change a word, after I change it, a new tiny pop up opens, saying [paste] and I have to click again, somewhere else, to get it to disappear.

Ctrl + right click isn't working for you? (Command + right click if you have a Mac) I'm also on Firefox and it comes up fine for me.

Last edited:
I am hating the spell check on the forums now. I can't even use my browsers spell check, which works great for me and is easy to use(I have fire fox). I tried to paste the correct spelling of a word earlier and a window popped up??? WTH? Overall I am liking the new forums, but that just sucks. I am horrible at spelling, but hate making mistakes. But this new system is just aggravating to me. I just needed to rant a little.

I have FF. When I want to paste, I right click then click the "paste" that pops up, the window pops up, I right click and click the paste in my dropdown, then "OK", and it does the paste. Two extra clicks, yes, but it works -- and I don't have to place the cursor just right first.

I'm not very keen for the new spell check. It's clunky to use, but what you have to do is complete finish what you are going to type and then click on the "ABC" at the far right.

Then you can spell check.

The spell check on my browser won't work (firefox), which is irritating, but at least the spell check for BYC does work, even if it is awkward to use.

It would have been nice, if BYC is going to provide a spell check, if the spell check could recognize the breeds of poultry.

Starting sometime yesterday the site spell check stopped working for me. This is what I get for every word.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom