Spiders spiders everywhere...

Kaitie09

Songster
11 Years
May 28, 2009
South Central, PA
This is not a major thing but it bugs the heck out of me. My coop is about 10ft tall and every day there is a new spider web. I hate them and they seem to like to fall on me while I am in there. The whole top of the coop looks to be covered in them, and I am only 5ft tall so I cannot reach them. Any suggestions on how to keep them out of the coop?

Last edited:
We have a billion fly traps, and its getting cold where I live now so we have no flies. We also don't have any mosquitoes inside the coop, as all for the water is in the run. Right now all they are doing is creating cobwebs that I run into walking in the door. I don't totally mind the ones on the roof, but there are groups of them that like to create their masterpieces at person height on the doors and food buckets.

If you keep knocking their webs down, they will probably relocate, unless there is a light source that's attracting insects... if a broom won't reach, then maybe a long stick or even one of those telescoping dusters.

Eeek! I'd be scared to hang out with my chickens if I had that problem.
hide.gif

Is there anyway you could relocate your chicks while you sweep down the webs and spray some spider killer to the ceiling? I'm no expert but I would think that after the spray has dried it would not pose a threat to your birds...if I'm wrong please correct me, BYCers.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom