Spilling the Tea (chat thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
We try to eat very healthy...we drain any fat from meats...we never fry...homemade French fries are potatoes cut into slices cooked in a pan. We use the George Forman grill and push it so hard to get grease out it’s broke on top. Never any of those dinner kit things. We have canned veggies for convenience too, but try to go frozen or fresh.

We try to eat very healthy...we drain any fat from meats...we never fry...homemade French fries are potatoes cut into slices cooked in a pan. We use the George Forman grill and push it so hard to get grease out it’s broke on top. Never any of those dinner kit things. We have canned veggies for convenience too, but try to go frozen or fresh.
We fry but in an air fryer. It's so yummy and you don't even have to use oil.

Deer hunting is a big thing in PA....venison is a very lean meat. It’s very good too. Chris tries to get a deer each year for that reason. He also can butcher it, which saves a lot of money. This year we bough5 a feeder pig. We don’t eat bacon or sausage, but plan to sell those cuts to our neighbor. We only want the chops and loins. We are contemplating getting a beef cow. Chris did it a long time ago. He said it doesnt save a ton of money but it tastes much better and it’s better quality and you know what it was fed...like the chickens that some of us eat on BYC.. We go to livestock auctions and see what’s going on....it’ll probably happen. We already have a huge garden that we have a farmer’s market and sell food at at the end of our driveway. I’m planning to sell our eggs there too...except our driveway is at least 300 yards...so, electric would be very expensive to run. We have a two stalll garage closer to our house...by our rental house that we could put a fridge at to sell the eggs. How do you all sell your eggs? Chris and I don’t want foot traffic down at the house all the time. The farmer market has a honor system box.

Only any packaged food. I basically shop the perimeter of the grocery store. Mostly whole foods here.
You can still have nastiness on your fruit and veggies, it's why they're recalled all the time.

Nothing is safe even on the perimeter of the grocery store. I shop mostly the perimeter as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom