Spirit - the amazing grey dewlap toulouse gander!

You are very welcome!
love.gif

I noticed there continues to be a steady stream of views of this thread, so I figured I'd post an update. Spirit is now just over 16 months old. It has been 10.5 months since his surgery and 7.5 months since he finished up post-surgery care and returned to being outside 24/7. He lives in our backyard with the love of his life, her best friend, and an older crippled African gander that our vet rescued, then convinced us to take. Summer rolled by nice and easy into fall, and he spends his days mostly lounging in the pool with his mate, enjoying the good life.

Hugs to those of you who have kept up with Spirit's journey from the beginning. And welcome to those who are new to Spirit's story. Hope it brightened your day.

Hi Jerry.
frow.gif
I will see what I can do about taking a video of your big boy today. Hope you are feeling better!!

While out getting video for Jerry, I took some video of Spirit. The first one is a short clip showing him walking (at dinner-time). The next is Spirit playing in the kiddy pool. At the 1minute mark, he gets the zooms when his pen-mates in the background start talking smack with the other geese at the fence.
big_smile.png

0.jpg

0.jpg

Spirit achieved a new milestone.... today is the one year anniversary of his surgery. Who would have thought he'd make it this far?
hu.gif

Thanks, guys! Scott (our vet) is coming over this afternoon to check up on Spirit. We are very much looking forward to his visit and hope to get invaluable tips to help Spirit continue to enjoy life.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom