Spitzhauben PIC HEAVY SORRY!

One of those pullets has to be name Liza Minelli. IT HAS TO.
lol.png

LOVE the hairdo! I can't help you out on the gender, but I did have to comment on the chickens. They are wonderful!!!
smile.png

Looks like four cockerals and four pullets...two were from Ideal, that are pullets. The ones with the tighter crests were from Ideal and that pullet on the foreground with one roo in picture is from CarlaOK's stock.

I am certain I probably elimenate the polish crest girl unless you think she would be OK to improve the stock since she got the size and beautiful spots, would make good eye candy for just an egg layer!

The first two pics are from Carla's stock and the tight crested one is from Ideal.

I am not that good in selecting a roo but I would imagine one of the four would be selected at a later date, perhaps in the fall when they get their full matured crests in. However, I would like to get some of Allenwranch and her friend's chickies if they got eggs for fall.

All of the Spitzes are a week apart and already twoand half months old. Hatched end of Feb of this year. I have not heard any crowing yet!

Dangerous chicken, Liza, no thanks....never did like her and hated her singing LOL! However I love her mother, Judy Garland!Liza reminds me of Mother Dearest....shudders to think of that one!

Carla, thanks for your lovely honest opinions of the birds knowingly I would have to cull heavy and keep breeding the best what I can get out of four different breeders here on BYC besides Ideal Hatchery. I will see if I can find amber eyed ones out of the bunch and take a pic of it. I love the dark and medium brown eyes but the amber and light colored ones are distracting and dont like to breed them in case they do pass on to their offsprings. Even the Hamburg ones, they have to be dark eyed. Can you tell me what a backward crest is? Or isnt that a rounded polish crests are "backward crests" ? I love to see some pictures of yes pics and no pics in the breed.

Penachicken, thanks for your PM on this questionable black and white birds next to the Ideal Spitz pullet....the white with gold face is Ideal's EE pullet and the black one is Black Orpington pullet. They are pretty but Onyx, the big black girl is a beauty! She is the second generation from Catalupa Farms.

Goodness it would not be a bad idea if I can take a pic of each and every one of them and let the comments and suggestions fly LOL! You, too Carla!

Thanks everyone!

Robin,
It looks like all your roos crests go backward and are pretty full. Think of it as someone combing their hair back off their head instead of letting it stand straight up and fall over into their face.

The roo in #6 looks the best, but it is hard to tell. Can you post another picture of him?

Also take a look at the Spitz photo section on the Spitzhauben Yahoo Group for some comparisons.

The best Spitzhaubens I have ever seen are Manuela Silvestro's birds.

Carla, the roo you are looking at is in the fourth picture and fourth bird from the left sitting down. When I get a good time, I will take more pics of him.

Thank you Tay, I thought she was lovely too. They sure do have personality too!

Back
Top Bottom