Spitzhaubens

Beldar and the girls coming back after crossing the road--18 weeks,
crossing road.jpg

Do any of you think there is any hope of getting eggs from them this fall? Some of the hens (other breeds) are still laying sporadically, but I know it's wrapping up.

Last edited:
View attachment 1927227
Do any of you think there is any hope of getting eggs from them this fall? Some of the hens are still laying sporadically, but I know it's wrapping up.
I hate my phone.
Lets try this again.
Maybe not this fall, but shortly after. My girls last year started in late december/early February, but they were hatched later in the spring season around june I think. You might see some eggs in November. I find that the newer pullets arent swayed so much by winter and light.

View attachment 1927227
Do any of you think there is any hope of getting eggs from them this fall? Some of the hens (other breeds) are still laying sporadically, but I know it's wrapping up.
My spitz has already stopped for the year. She started molting & the days will be short by the time she's done. If not for the molt, she may have continued thru Oct but certainly stopped before Nov.

My 1st Spitz layed a few eggs in October, then quit for the winter, and started up again in late Feb.

Back
Top Bottom