Spitzhaubens

Margarita of the crazy crest----if you can see, it flops down on her right side, and it actually obscures her vision. Should I trim it?

I bet the one sided flop over the eye helps her look like Cruella de Vil. :p (Spitzhaubens already look like Dalmation chickens, so it seems fitting.)

Public Service Message:
(Please forgive me for the nit picky spelling correction :oops:)

An easy way to remember how to spell Dalmatian, is to think of it like you would any other common nationality, like American, Australian, Scandinavian, etc. No O in any of those.

Normally I just bite my tongue and let it go, but seeing as one of the draws to Spitzhaubens as a breed is their beautiful Dalmatian-like spots, I figured mentioning this here would be of use to more people than it would in other places, where I quietly just ignore it.

Edit: I was also kind of figuring that since @Faraday40 is a teacher, she would be ok with it.

Curious which girl has a better pattern. Clean dots that are small or large, messy dots that cover more feather

20200829_142543.jpg

I hatched some Spitzhaubens & Silver Laced Orpingtons. My lav orp hen adopted them and they're one big happy family. (5 of each) She doesn't seem to care that not a single chick resembles her. She didn't even hatch them..... just sat broody in an empty nest for a few weeks. The hen is too clumsy and may squish eggs/newly hatched chicks. Once the chicks were fluffy and walking around, I just slipped them under her.

IMG_5185 (2).JPG

IMG_5186 (2).JPG

Public Service Message:
(Please forgive me for the nit picky spelling correction :oops:)

An easy way to remember how to spell Dalmatian, is to think of it like you would any other common nationality, like American, Australian, Scandinavian, etc. No O in any of those.

Normally I just bite my tongue and let it go, but seeing as one of the draws to Spitzhaubens as a breed is their beautiful Dalmatian-like spots, I figured mentioning this here would be of use to more people than it would in other places, where I quietly just ignore it.

Edit: I was also kind of figuring that since @Faraday40 is a teacher, she would be ok with it.
i like to compare them to Appaloosas, hopefully I spell that right!
appy.png

Back
Top Bottom