Spitzhaubens

Pics
So here is another shot of the 4 that I bought from Tractor Supply ostensibly as Spitzs. I see the resemblance in one for sure, maybe two. The two buff colored ones tho? They have the best personalities! Any guesses? BTW Anna is the only one who has the mohawk.

Attachments

• 20180808_125407.jpg
    20180808_125407.jpg
    911.9 KB · Views: 17
So here is another shot of the 4 that I bought from Tractor Supply ostensibly as Spitzs. I see the resemblance in one for sure, maybe two. The two buff colored ones tho? They have the best personalities! Any guesses? BTW Anna is the only one who has the mohawk.

Only this one looks like a spitz to me:
Untitled-2.jpg

The other grayish one has very diff legs & slower wing growth. (My spitzes grow their wing feathers very, very fast.)

Many common breeds & hybrids have that yellow chick appearance like sexlinks, buff orps, EEs, etc. You'll have to wait for some feathers to make an educated guess. Enjoy them for the variety and I hope you get mostly females.

My 2 Spitz pullets are little egg laying machines! The pair of them have laid 25 eggs in the past 14 days! And 2 of the eggs were double yolkers! Except for the doubles, their eggs are still smaller than the bantam eggs, and the yolks are tinier too...
@mmcraig70 --keep posting pics, lets see them from the front too....very curious to know what they are now.....

This handsome fellow is Zwingli, hatched in March, purchased from Rural King.
He's a fantastic rooster, but a bit of a spaz. He loves his 18 ladies, and they tolerate him. :lol:
View attachment 1514919
Hi Zwingli and Aunna, welcome to the Spazzy Spitz Club!
I'd say my pullet, Heidi is spazzy... but Flugel the cockerel is very business-like. They were hatched beginning of Feb.
Heidi july 24 (3 of 1).jpg

Last edited:
I thought my Spitzie was a little spazzy until my son claimed her as HIS chicken. He renamed her "Poof Poof," and turned her into a real pet.
IMG_1704 - Copy.jpg

Here he is after his 1st day at school. As soon as he got home, he ran out back to play with his flock & his special hen, Poof Poof.

I thought my Spitzie was a little spazzy until my son claimed her as HIS chicken. He renamed her "Poof Poof," and turned her into a real pet.
View attachment 1514926

Here he is after his 1st day at school. As soon as he got home, he ran out back to play with his flock & his special hen, Poof Poof.
I love it!!! How about pics of the newest chicks?

Here are a couple of updated pictures. So fun watching that hairdo! Very sweet girl (fingers crossed...) 20180817_193931.jpg

Here are the others (these pics are a little over a week old) 20180817_194014.jpg
20180817_194157.jpg
The other gray one that was in the original picture didn't make it sadly. She just didn't grow and finally became very weak. She got lots of cuddles, though and passed away safe and loved.

The adventure continues...

This is a more recent picture 20180822_201149.jpg

Back
Top Bottom