Spitzhaubens

Pics
We are chicken crazy around here, we spend all our spare money on chickens. We try to start with quality birds if possible and work from there. We have so many it would be impossible to improve every type every year. So we pick certain ones to focus on and of course there is always one or two that get focused on every year. We plan on hatching Spitz like crazy next year and maybe this winter.
fl.gif
Silver Penciled Rocks are an ongoing project also. We have 35 breeds and 26 breeds we are working with.
gig.gif

We are chicken crazy around here, we spend all our spare money on chickens. We try to start with quality birds if possible and work from there. We have so many it would be impossible to improve every type every year. So we pick certain ones to focus on and of course there is always one or two that get focused on every year. We plan on hatching Spitz like crazy next year and maybe this winter.
fl.gif
Silver Penciled Rocks are an ongoing project also. We have 35 breeds and 26 breeds we are working with.
gig.gif

I'm just a hobbyist on a half acre, but I did my best to start with good birds, and only keep the best of what I hatch. My Spitz started with good crests, spangling, and body types. I've since worked on eliminating all the birds with light legs, and light eyes. In the not too distant future, I'll be looking to bring in some genetic diversity with a rooster from a different bloodline. Even though I am just a hobbyist, I take breeding seriously.

Last edited:
I'm just a hobbyist on a half acre, but I did my best to start with good birds, and only keep the best of what I hatch. My Spitz started with good crests, spangling, and body types. I've since worked on eliminating all the birds with light legs, and light eyes. In the not too distant future, I'll be looking to bring in some genetic diversity with a rooster from a different bloodline. Even though I am just a hobbyist, I take breeding seriously.
It is just a hobbie for us because we sure don't make money. I n my opinion as long as you are improving its good. We sure don't want to go backwards.

Back
Top Bottom