Spitzhaubens

Pics
I've got a 22 week old spitzhauben that hasn't laid an egg! Are they late layers?
The families who bought our extra Spitzes reported eggs around 20-22 weeks. The two we kept took about 24-25 weeks to get started. I saw their bright red wattles by 22 weeks, but no eggs. I resorted to threatening them with a KFC bucket. The good news is that once started, the production's been good.

That's what I needed to hear. She's honestly ridiculous.
Tell me too... Spitzhauben? I used to think brabanter but no beard what's so ever

Tell me too... Spitzhauben? I used to think brabanter but no beard what's so ever
Looks like a Spitz but has a small crest. The wattles don't look red yet, so there'll be more waiting for that 1st egg. She's very pretty & has an interesting color.

Looks like a Spitz but has a small crest.  The wattles don't look red yet, so there'll be more waiting for that 1st egg.  She's very pretty & has an interesting color.

It's funny... She goes red then peach off and on. Mostly red.

She is a great color.

Good! My son wants to show her for 4-H because She has all these little hearts all over! He LOVES her and thinks she'll win all the ribbons with all those hearts! Now if she'd just lay
1f644.png

Last edited:

I think that it is a Spitzhauben. One of mine doesn't have the hairdo and is very similar to yours. These pictures were taken at 2 months.

I also have one that is very similar in color but with a crest and a dark face. This was taken at 2 months also.

It is fun to see the variations of these birds.

Back
Top Bottom