Spitzhaubens

Sat down in a backyard chair today. In seconds a Sebright landed on my arm..... then a Leghorn on the drink table, and a pile of Orpingtons at my feet.

IMG_7309.JPG

@JacinLarkwell
That's a very interesting comb. I'd be tempted to keep it just for that crown! (I think last year @homeschoolin momma had a spitz-mix chick with a similar split comb)

The strangest comb I had was a backyard mix that looked like an exclamation point.
That one is almost certainly a boy which means an unfortunate no to keeping since I'm up to like 30 males already. Planing to keep at least one sister with that comb though

Some Spitz photos from today.

The Cock there is old... I forget how old... 3 years? Anyway, huge spurs. A few of the hens have little spurs. A bantam wheaten Ameraucana is in there too.
20210621_192637.jpg

This girl is very nice!! Such a perfect tail set, and good dark coloring. But her spangles look more lace like than spangle like.
20210621_192506.jpg

A different hen.
20210621_192351.jpg

This girl has a busted tail feather, and is a bit light... but not as light as the photo makes her look.
20210621_192254.jpg

Some Spitz photos from today.

The Cock there is old... I forget how old... 3 years? Anyway, huge spurs. A few of the hens have little spurs. A bantam wheaten Ameraucana is in there too.
View attachment 2729285

This girl is very nice!! Such a perfect tail set, and good dark coloring. But her spangles look more lace like than spangle like.
View attachment 2729286

A different hen.
View attachment 2729287

This girl has a busted tail feather, and is a bit light... but not as light as the photo makes her look.
View attachment 2729288
So pretty!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom