Spitzhaubens

I love Spitzhaubens! They are so beautiful to look at...and sweet too! My roo is my avatar (sitting in my lap).

This is our hen. While transferring them they caused a ruckus in the crate so we had to hold them to go down the street.

i love the driving with u pic. lol. not saying we should drive holding animals but its cute!!!!

Attachments

• 597A404F-B8E9-4E1B-9B0D-94962D04F241.jpeg
    597A404F-B8E9-4E1B-9B0D-94962D04F241.jpeg
    576.9 KB · Views: 7
What makes them seem like males to you? Their hair or wattles? I’d like to know for the future as I’ll try for a hen :)
At 9 weeks, those big red wattles.

If you look at @Faraday40 pictures on the last page, you can see that her male (also about 9 weeks) has clear wattles while his sisters pink, yellow, and green have none right now. Spitzies are one of the harder breeds to sex...usually it's around 10-12 weeks for a more definite I'd, but the more you do it, the better you get. But even then, some can be tricky.

Anyone have Spitz from Green Fire? Are they good quality? I should hope they are for that price.
Also, is there a Gold Spangled breeder who will ship eggs or chicks?
My poor little gold cockerel died, and both of my silver cocks are big, mean, and ugly. All I want is a good quality roo.

Anyone have Spitz from Green Fire? Are they good quality? I should hope they are for that price.
Also, is there a Gold Spangled breeder who will ship eggs or chicks?
My poor little gold cockerel died, and both of my silver cocks are big, mean, and ugly. All I want is a good quality roo.
I think at least one, if not 2 hatcheries sell the golden spangled.

:idunno

Back
Top Bottom