Splash Orp-Boy or girl

I think it is a pullet, but I never had any orpingtons... However the little Easter Egger dead center looks like a little boy to me. Maybe a few of the other's as well, but it's hard to tell for sure.

On the opr, I have checked for wattles and there appears to some little ones growing, they are quite pink as well.

Some of those EE have me guessing too. Some have more combs than others but none of them are very pink. I'm not sure which one you are refering to, but most of them are mixed breeds. But what is an EE anyway, huh? The buff one by the blues is crossed with a buff orp. And I think the other buffy looking one up front is a EE x BO/Partridge Rock.

Jeanne

I say it looks like a pullet. But like others have said- they can fool you later!!
lol.png

Jane

I'm thinking a she...
big_smile.png
some of my BO at that age were simular, but whatever turns out to be, will be georgous!!!! I love the colors of the blues and the splash....ya got anymore of those eggs???
tongue.png

Gosh, I hope you all are right and it turns out to be a girl. If I'm still in doubt in a few weeks I'll post more pics.

Sorry, no more eggs, I got them from someone on the other BYC, I don't know if she comes in here or not.

Thanks everyone!

Jeanne

The bird whose head is in front of the blue orpington's breast on the perch. That looks like a little roo, and maybe the blurry one closest to the camera. And EE stands for Easter Egger; basically a chicken that lays colored eggs whether they be green or blue. They can have slate or willow legs, and might or might not have muffs or a beard.

Back
Top Bottom