Splash Orpington, Roo or Hen?

I'm not sure how I missed the crowing the first time I read it either. The breeder I got my Lavenders from told me missing tails is typically a male trait in Orpingtons (especially the English standard) when I asked her for any tips about sexing mine. I've seen that statement made on BYC too, so I'm assuming she told me correctly. Hopefully someone will tell me if that information was incorrect.

His tail is missing from flock dynamic and spurs develop a bit later.

I also missed the crowing part SOMEHOW!... doubt not, while hens can and do crow... I never had one that young do it.

ALL signs point to cockerel!

Funny to see how many said pullet though! Maybe they missed some of the description like me. :p

I'm not sure how I missed the crowing the first time I read it either. The breeder I got my Lavenders from told me missing tails is typically a male trait in Orpingtons (especially the English standard) when I asked her for any tips about sexing mine. I've seen that statement made on BYC too, so I'm assuming she told me correctly. Hopefully someone will tell me if that information was incorrect.
Ah, I have experienced the short tail being an indicator of male gender in certain breeds... and accurately be male... But NOT all the males would get the slow tail, some were normal. But I DID know that NO tail meant boy... like you say, in certain breeds. :thumbsup

Never this late in the game though... that's more like before the 8 week mark and is usually coming in pretty good by now... at least in my experience. :thumbsup

His tail is missing from flock dynamic and spurs develop a bit later.

I also missed the crowing part SOMEHOW!... doubt not, while hens can and do crow... I never had one that young do it.

ALL signs point to cockerel!

Funny to see how many said pullet though! Maybe they missed some of the description like me. :p
I definitely missed the crowing part......Crowing=cockerel....sorry!

Just an update, He was a He!

Attachments

• blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 19

Back
Top Bottom