Spoiled Fakers

Guess how many bows Rosie has

• Total voters
Pics
Here’s my spoiled baby, Evie. Shes a standard poodle :love
View attachment 2490652
She has a basket of toys full to the top but most are spread throughout the house. Her favorites are her pinks tennis balls and her unicorn. Everything pink for her.
View attachment 2490654

View attachment 2490655
Her couch
View attachment 2490658

View attachment 2490659
New sweater
View attachment 2490660
Leg warmers to match
View attachment 2490661
Favorite bow. She hates them in her hair so I put them on her collar
View attachment 2490662
And her toy squirrel. I cut him open and took out the squeaker and replaced it with one of those bird sound devices from a cat toy. She loves it. It’s called her “Squird”
View attachment 2490663
Soooo cute!!

Here’s my spoiled baby, Evie. Shes a standard poodle :love
View attachment 2490652
She has a basket of toys full to the top but most are spread throughout the house. Her favorites are her pinks tennis balls and her unicorn. Everything pink for her.
View attachment 2490654

View attachment 2490655
Her couch
View attachment 2490658

View attachment 2490659
New sweater
View attachment 2490660
Leg warmers to match
View attachment 2490661
Favorite bow. She hates them in her hair so I put them on her collar
View attachment 2490662
And her toy squirrel. I cut him open and took out the squeaker and replaced it with one of those bird sound devices from a cat toy. She loves it. It’s called her “Squird”
View attachment 2490663
Ooh! A standard poodle :love They don't seem to be very popular anymore. What is her grooming/maintenance like?

Ooh! A standard poodle :love They don't seem to be very popular anymore. What is her grooming/maintenance like?
Her grooming and maintenance is pretty low when she doesn’t have her fancy haircut. When she has all the poodle poofs, she gets bad Matts and you have to brush her frequently. It also is not a very fitting haircut for the summer since she gets pretty hot. During COVID I haven’t been taking her to the groomers and have been doing all the grooming myself, so there are no fancy poofs (except her tail, which I admit would look very awkward without it!)
68062AC5-B9A5-424D-8011-CCD42684635F.jpeg
Here’s what she looks like now. I clipped/groomed her yesterday. It takes about an hour to an hour and a half to do that since I have to do little details like clipping toes/toe nails, and hair in ears (if it grows out to much she gets infections). I usually clip her myself and have the tools to do so, but when I want to give her fancy hair cuts I send her off to a professional groomer. (this is not her but this is an example of what her fancy haircut looks like)
35703546-BE04-43CF-B3C5-1C51F7BBB9FA.jpeg

she has LOTS of energy and usually runs “zoomies” in our yard every day. She doesn’t rip up toys, and she’s so gentle that she carried an egg around in her mouth while I was taking a picture for the flat lay contest!
4509BF88-870F-4927-BC29-024E4924B095.jpeg

I love poodles and I’m getting another one this spring. They are so sweet and despite their size, they all want to be lap dogs! Her only issues are that she has a problem with anal glands and her digestive system is very sensitive (however these are very specific to her, not every poodle is that way)

Her grooming and maintenance is pretty low when she doesn’t have her fancy haircut. View attachment 2490757Here’s what she looks like now. I clipped/groomed her yesterday. It takes about an hour to an hour and a half to do that since I have to do little details like clipping toes/toe nails, and hair in ears (if it grows out to much she gets infections). I usually clip her myself and have the tools to do so, but when I want to give her fancy hair cuts I send her off to a professional groomer. (this is not her but this is an example of what her fancy haircut looks like) View attachment 2490761

she has LOTS of energy and usually runs “zombies” in our yard every day. She doesn’t rip up toys, and she’s so gentle that she carried an egg around in her mouth while I was taking a picture for the flat lay contest!View attachment 2490762
I love poodles and I’m getting another one this spring. They are so sweet and despite their size, they all want to be lap dogs! Her only issues are that she has a problem with anal glands and her digestive system is very sensitive (however these are very specific to her, not every poodle is that way)
Did you know they are traditionally retrievers? That explains why she's gentle with her mouth. I saw that in a TV show and look it up, it was true! LOL! You just don't look at a poodle and think "hunting dog" you know.

Did you know they are traditionally retrievers? That explains why she's gentle with her mouth. I saw that in a TV show and look it up, it was true! LOL! You just don't look at a poodle and think "hunting dog" you know.
Yup, that’s why I egg-tested her in the first place! I read that while first looking into poodles. She definitely makes it obvious. Sometimes she’s so gentle that she can’t even get her toys to squeak! Perhaps that’s why she prefers her Squird, which makes sound when it touched, instead of when chewed.

Yup! Most people think of them as frou frou show dogs but they are actually very athletic and can hunt, hike, do dog sports, swim, just like any other sporting dog 😁🥰

Back
Top Bottom