Spot’s Coturnix quail colour experiments

I looked at southwest gamebirds, now there are more colours on my I want list :lau I really want sparkly

I might have some browns, some of my wild types look lighter then others I need to have a better look at them tomorrow

I looked at southwest gamebirds, now there are more colours on my I want list :lau I really want sparkly
I just got some from k dale Coturnix. They’re gonna be 6 weeks on Friday. They’re beautiful, and I can’t wait to get them into the mix, I also got a solid black in that hatch, another with a super fancy color name I never heard before and can’t remember lol, and my albinos are growing up, I need more pens, and space...

I just got some from k dale Coturnix. They’re gonna be 6 weeks on Friday. They’re beautiful, and I can’t wait to get them into the mix, I also got a solid black in that hatch, another with a super fancy color name I never heard before and can’t remember lol, and my albinos are growing up, I need more pens, and space...
I am trying very hard to stick with the colours have at the moment, no new ones. It helps that I can’t find a lot of the more rare colours

I might have some browns, some of my wild types look lighter then others I need to have a better look at them tomorrow
It was interesting reading about the sex linked brown. I have very few wild patterns, and I always thought pharaoh was pharaoh and it just had a variety of tones. turns out it does have a variety of tones, but also a very similar sex linked, and totally separate color haha.

It was interesting reading about the sex linked brown. I have very few wild patterns, and I always thought pharaoh was pharaoh and it just had a variety of tones. turns out it does have a variety of tones, but also a very similar sex linked, and totally separate color haha.
All very interesting and confusing. I have a female with very few spots on her chest and it is a bit rusty coloured I am wondering what could be causing it? Maybe the brown gene?

All very interesting and confusing. I have a female with very few spots on her chest and it is a bit rusty coloured I am wondering what could be causing it? Maybe the brown gene?
I recently had a snowie male (silver Italian) with a full on speckled chest, big huge guy, as big as the hens, never crowed. I had him with a rooster and 3 other hens, thinking he was a she. One day I’m cleaning, so I put the birds in a tote, he/she was the first one in, and immediately let out a crow haha.

Do you have a picture of the orange male? It sounds very interesting
Here’s my boy Apollo, he has eyes so light blue, they often have a red hue:
3B707A25-2BD1-4596-BF6B-84B292F46656.jpeg
F7AC9C97-10B0-4453-A1B0-443EA85B5460.jpeg

I have a hen from the same hatch that’s very similar, but tuxedo.

Not sure if you can tell from comparison with my hand, but he’s 9 weeks old and half the size of the hens he hatched with, and about 25-30% smaller than the other males the same age.

Here’s my boy Apollo, he has eyes so light blue, they often have a red hue:
View attachment 2741912View attachment 2741913

I have a hen from the same hatch that’s very similar, but tuxedo.

Not sure if you can tell from comparison with my hand, but he’s 9 weeks old and half the size of the hens he hatched with, and about 25-30% smaller than the other males the same age.
He is really pretty, is he one of the double silvers? Or do you have any ideas of what he is?

Back
Top Bottom