Spraddle legged?!?Please help!

@biophiliac Ive watched the baby because I didn’t think it was definitely spraddle leg and it hasn’t gotten worse but since they’re on a sort of ledge thing when the parents fly up to feed them, the babies jump up and since this one walks on its legs when it tries to jump it falls and doesn’t get fed. It’s crop was empty each time I checked and the siblings was full, so I think I’m going to try to hand feed it. When I go to pick it up as well it flaps it’s wings and squeaks and tries to fed from my hand.
I looked up some things and it says mashed up peas , b it since pigeons don’t open their mouths to get fed and instead they kind of dig out the food, I assume a syringe wouldn’t work, so any tips? I was thinking just close my hand in a loose fist and try that maybe.

@biophiliac Ive watched the baby because I didn’t think it was definitely spraddle leg and it hasn’t gotten worse but since they’re on a sort of ledge thing when the parents fly up to feed them, the babies jump up and since this one walks on its legs when it tries to jump it falls and doesn’t get fed. It’s crop was empty each time I checked and the siblings was full, so I think I’m going to try to hand feed it. When I go to pick it up as well it flaps it’s wings and squeaks and tries to fed from my hand.
I looked up some things and it says mashed up peas , b it since pigeons don’t open their mouths to get fed and instead they kind of dig out the food, I assume a syringe wouldn’t work, so any tips? I was thinking just close my hand in a loose fist and try that maybe.
Don't mash the peas. Just place 1 pea in the back of baby's mouth, then let him close his beak and swallow. I hold them on my lap and steady him with my left hand. I'll use my index finger to open the beak. It gets easier as the youngster learns and begins to cooperate. You may then be able to give 2 or 3 peas at a time. Give around 30 peas per feeding, or so the crop is full. Try to feed the peas at body temperature.

I already fed it using some advice I found on another post on this website, I fed it with peas and some mashed chicken food and I got the peas warm and more mushy but not like liquid and put my hand near it’s head and used my other hand to guide it to my hand and it ate a fair amount then decided it was done. It’s crop wasn’t as full as it could’ve been but it’s a start :) thanks for all the help :) I’ll update this with the babies outcome

Back
Top Bottom