Spring 2017 first timers post!

Pics
Wow! Lots of adorable chickie babies!
wee.gif
I am also going with MHP. There is a very extensive thread all about it Ill try to find the link....hang on.....

not sure this will work but try this link. Start at the end and work backwards because the MHP evolved over the thread:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ooder-picture-heavy-update/8480#post_18081198

Good luck!

I can't believe how much my little chicks have grown in a week! Everyone is feathering out really nicely and already working on their super jumps. (So glad I have a screen top. I was away for all of a minute to clean out their water and came back to find Lessa looking in at the other chicks as calm as could be.) I'll get some pictures later! They're all asleep right now, and I hate to wake them.

On a side note, I ended up looking at all the egg colors my girls currently give me, and I'm so happy with them! <3 I tried to tweek the colors a little to be less washed out and match real life. There's still an annoying glow over everything (thanks phone), but the colors pretty much match at least! I tried to make sure I got one of each kind of color just to show off the beautiful range. It still amazes me how awesome chickens are.

MHP is the best way to go!! I have been using it for the last 4 broods of chicks!! I only did the heat lamp the very first time I ever hatched a chick. It's more natural for them instead of those bright lights. I find that they can get into a normal nighttime routine with it.
They also seem happier to be able to get to safety if need be.
Just my 2 cents!!

I can't believe how much my little chicks have grown in a week! Everyone is feathering out really nicely and already working on their super jumps. (So glad I have a screen top. I was away for all of a minute to clean out their water and came back to find Lessa looking in at the other chicks as calm as could be.) I'll get some pictures later! They're all asleep right now, and I hate to wake them. On a side note, I ended up looking at all the egg colors my girls currently give me, and I'm so happy with them! [/URL]
Who's your blue layer? If you are it look accurate that's a very nice blue egg!

I can't believe how much my little chicks have grown in a week! Everyone is feathering out really nicely and already working on their super jumps. (So glad I have a screen top. I was away for all of a minute to clean out their water and came back to find Lessa looking in at the other chicks as calm as could be.) I'll get some pictures later! They're all asleep right now, and I hate to wake them. On a side note, I ended up looking at all the egg colors my girls currently give me, and I'm so happy with them! [/URL]
Who's your blue layer? If you are it look accurate that's a very nice blue egg!
An Ameraucana currently! I also have an Easter Egger who lays blue eggs, but the Ameraucana's are bluer.
I love love that egg!!! What color Ameraucana do you have and mind of I ask where you got her? I have a couple EE that lay blue too and a cream legbar and hopefully(still waiting to confirm) I have another legbar that will also lay blue. Any day now. But I do long for the bluest eggs possible. I would really love to improve the color of the blues I already have. Idk if it's a rumor or not but I read on one of the CL threads about a person that knows someone that gets robin's egg blue eggs from their legbars! Now that would be amazing!!

Back
Top Bottom