Spring 2017 first timers post!

Pics
So I am new to chickens I got 4 bard rock and 4 road island red. I love them already i have one that is not acting quite right it's laying around and not as happy and chirpy as the others. I checked for pasty butt and I cleaned it some and it pooped after that and I gave it some sugar water. Any othere advice some help I don't wanna loos my chickens

What beautiful colors! Aren't chickens amazing? How man hens are in your flock?

I currently have 14 hens in my flock. :) Not including my one guinea hen.

I love love that egg!!! What color Ameraucana do you have and mind of I ask where you got her?

I have a couple EE that lay blue too and a cream legbar and hopefully(still waiting to confirm) I have another legbar that will also lay blue. Any day now. But I do long for the bluest eggs possible. I would really love to improve the color of the blues I already have.

Idk if it's a rumor or not but I read on one of the CL threads about a person that knows someone that gets robin's egg blue eggs from their legbars! Now that would be amazing!!

No problem! She's a blue Ameraucana who I got from Fayetteville Poultry in Fayetteville, NC. I'm not sure if they ship though.

Wow, what a pretty blue that would be! I'm getting a Cream Legbar next month; she'll just be a chick, so it'll be awhile before I get my first blue eggs from her. I'm just happy that I've gotten blue and green out of a couple of my Easter Eggers. They make up probably about half of my flock, but most of them just lay pink, tinted, or tan eggs. I want more blue and green, darn it!

Our babies are shipping March 1st. This isn't our first time with chicks, but it'll be our first time with these breeds. We ordered a Naked Neck, an Australorp, and a Faverolle. Our adults are 2 Orpington hens, 1 Silkie hen, and 1 Orpington rooster.

I love love that egg!!! What color Ameraucana do you have and mind of I ask where you got her?

I have a couple EE that lay blue too and a cream legbar and hopefully(still waiting to confirm) I have another legbar that will also lay blue. Any day now. But I do long for the bluest eggs possible. I would really love to improve the color of the blues I already have.

Idk if it's a rumor or not but I read on one of the CL threads about a person that knows someone that gets robin's egg blue eggs from their legbars! Now that would be amazing!!

You should check out Arkanas Blues. Very rich color, a production hen too!

I'm counting myself new because we haven't had a flock for years and we're getting ready to bring some new babies home and also going to try to incubate some! Eeeep! It will be fun to see all of your flocks grow!

I'm counting myself new because we haven't had a flock for years and we're getting ready to bring some new babies home and also going to try to incubate some! Eeeep! It will be fun to see all of your flocks grow!
You are following the same path I did. I had a few flocks in my younger years, (from the age of 12 through early adult) then started a flock in 2013, with incubated and hatchery chicks.

Our babies are shipping March 1st. This isn't our first time with chicks, but it'll be our first time with these breeds. We ordered a Naked Neck, an Australorp, and a Faverolle. Our adults are 2 Orpington hens, 1 Silkie hen, and 1 Orpington rooster.

Colly you and I are getting ours shipped on the same date. This is nowhere near my first time with chickens but first time in 2017!!
Also my first time with shipped chicks.

Hello Everyone!
Sorry I've been MIA for awhile... Its been a longggg and stressful few weeks dealing with a landscaper who stole our money after only doing half a days worth of work. So between finishing the coop and trying to hire a new landscaper its been busy busy busy! All 15 of the chicks I ordered from My pet chicken are thriving and healthy, I'm still trying to wrap my head around how they are already 8 weeks old....I swear I just got them in the mail yesterday! LOL. Anywho, they've moved out into their big girl coop we built thats 10x12. Still have some minor things to fix and add to it but it's livable. I don't have a predator problem (Our biggest threat would be hawks) in suburbia and didn't have to do anything too fancy since we have mild winters. We've been growing fodder for the girls in addition to their feed. All is well but here's our little urban set up.

@Colly1470
I got my first flock of layers this past July & I love my Australorp
1f60d.png
I'm sure you will too

Back
Top Bottom