Spring Granny Square Swap

Ahhhh
clap.gif
What a great thing!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Oh darn....What a shame to have to go shopping!!!!
lol.png
Oh do tell after you go please!!!! I need to look at my stash. I am always secretly hoping I don't have the right colors so I can have an excuse to buy new yarn.
tongue.png

That sounds great! I have some who are using the pink, rose, hot pink, and colors we can't use but they aren't sure enough of themselves to enter the swap so that would work wonderfully with their squares. Thank you so much!

Quote:
Writer,

Does this sound like a plan? I'll make as many sets as time and yarn allow. Your students will get a share. After that, I'll make as many squares as I can without the time limit, using the pink yarn I'm not using for the swap, and send them to you. I also have some fine pink yarn and bulky purple which won't work for these squares. Would your students like to have them to make things out of?

Thanks Smitty! Canesisters, I have an after school club of students 3rd - 6th grade who do crochet, sewing, quilting, cooking, as an alternative learning style. Some have been in the club the 3 years we've existed and are doing really good. Their work will be good quality and they are working very hard over our week off practicing.

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
Club members?
hu.gif

Canesisiters ~ Writer has a kid's crochet club and some of her kids will be participating in the spring swap, so she was just reporting how many so far have committed to join in the crochet fun.
smile.png
That's why Betty has posted the guidelines/deadlines so early so her kids will have plenty of time to practice and complete their squares by the deadline.​

I am always impressed with kids who are interested in this sort of thing. We started a prayer shawl club at church a while back - that's where I learned. Oddly enough, very few of the ladies ever gave any of thier work away... which was the point of the whole thing. They didn't have confidence that it was 'good enough' and felt that no one would want it. I kept telling them that I've never received anything homemade that wasn't 'good enough' because it was always made with love and the effort put forth for someone elses' benefit made it perfect!

I don't know how 'perfect' my squares are gonna be - but I'm going to try real hard and I hope that yall will be happy to have them just as I'll be thrilled to receive all of the unique 'gifts' that will come back my way.

Tell your kids to keep up the good work and to love what they do just for the pleasure of doing it!
clap.gif

We've been donating lap blankets to the VA and the local cancer center for 2 years, they have the single and double down well! Time to learn more patterns. I'd like them to have something to keep out of this, they donate almost everything they make. We have a prayer shawl pattern but haven't tried it yet.

I would like to participate. This time I am going to try for the double set and keep building enough to make a lap throw out of. Received my fall squares in Iowa, but will not be back up there until next week to see them. Can't wait!

Ok, I finally have a low key day to be lazy. It's a little cool and very overcast. Yes, there is always a billion other things I NEED to do, but I think a lazy day is in order. I'm going to dig through my stash and see if I have any of for this swap. I've been looking through my pattern books. So many pretty patterns I've never had time to try.
smile.png
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend~

Of all the yarn I have, didn;t have the right colors for this one! (my hubby picks on me about all the "string" I get in the mail) Picked out a nice mulberry, sage and "songbird" stripe. Also trying a new pattern with a flower medallion in the middle, it's quite pretty.

Back
Top Bottom