"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Temp is off on those usually tho

I can't believe my first hatch was going offn that junk

This one agrees temp with the spot check. The other one I bought is two degrees cool.

Maybe I didn't do the salt test right? I used a water bottle cap not quite full of salt and enough water to wet it all down, then put it in a quart ziplock for a few hours.

[COLOR=333333]ress.. this is what I have for the members of the HAL. I will need to fill in information as I get it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@BantyChooks
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@Chaos18
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@campingshaws
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@jnr005
 will be setting April 1 or 2nd.. EE, copper marans, olive eggers.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@Pensmaster
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@Yorkshire coop
 Brisea 20. Needs prayers for fertile eggs.Picking Tolbunt polish eggs up tomorrow, so :fl  they should be hatching April 8th ish :yiipchick [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@Razadia
 Barnyard mutts[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@chickygirl7
 Looking for duck and polish eggs to hatch[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@mumofsix
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@Laurel Meadows
 Aliak J&TRanch... Hatch date planned for April1 Blue and splash Marans. plans to stagger hatch with cochin eggs in a week or so.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@howfunkyisurchicken
 [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@tao chick
  Mad chicken labs?? building an incubator from a mini fridge which will start a set soon, hopefully. I have 15 Cream Brabanter due to hatch April 1st that are set in my MacGyverbator. I am considering building an incubator out of an electric grill and an old oven. I have to make a few changes to my barn before I can put all the egg incubating devices in my Mad Chicken Lab.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@Jessimom
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@mamahmendez
 Brinse 20 Looking for ancona duck eggs[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@Phage
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@jwlpoultry
  I have an update but to lazy to work with numbers at the moment.....but I have goose eggs, chickens eggs,and duck eggs all due for an April hatch. Will let you know on numbers later.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@sarah25bear
 I will be setting on April 10th not sure what all I will be hatching. I am going to take the weekend of May 1st off hoping they hatch on my birthday!!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@deserteggs22
 Barnyard mixes[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@FeatherCreek
 2 Royal Palm Turkey eggs Due April 1[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@Purpletie3
 hatching a dozen ? in March?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@blkjak
 setting late in April[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@mollybuck
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@CLSranch
  Dark cornish due on April 2nd.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@dolfi
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@MotorcycleChick
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@Sueg4332
 Set Hen turkey eggs. 5/6 5/5[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@pjnbill22
  6 cockoo bluebar, EE, Plymoth mutts.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@Susieq2015
 March 28 and April 18  Saphires[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@rossfam06
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]Okay so I have decided what I am going to set. I am going to set Wood Duck eggs, Silkies, SLP, and BLRW. I will be using a LG 9300 with a replaced thermostat by Incukit as my incubator, them I will be using the farm innovators for hatching if I need it. If I set my wood duck eggs a week before then I should be okay to hatch in the LG if not then I will need to transfer. ;)  super excited!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@flocktastic
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@Saris
 [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@Brittsplace
 9 silkie eggs for son    [/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]@Nin315
 Auction bought Black and blue copper marans. and white silkies from Elvis and Marylinn.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@jphendrix
 18 eggs set, hatchdate April 3 Aiming for a staggered hatch due April 10[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@Sally Sunshine
  color coded calendar with color coded eggs in the bator right  Overachiever.. lol[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@mlm Mike
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@lindalouly
 Coolerator build to hatch quail eggs and mixed mutts in April.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]  @firedragon1982
  Set 14 silkie eggs this morning, to go along with my Lav Cuckoo D'Anvers eggs and Golden Necked D'Uccle eggs. Now I just need a bantam coop....[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@jewelsong
 i ordered some Orpington eggs and will also set some Jersey Giant eggs, some RIR's and some RIR/EE mixes... hopefully I will have them ready to set this weekend?  that is my hope anyway.... can't wait for chicks![/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@brightpennies
 5 fertile chicken eggs under my banty (who has never been a mom before), 7 fertile chicken eggs in the 'bator, and 15 unknown duck eggs in the 'bator to boot. We'll see what we get. This is all for science since my only prior attempt to hatch with a broody Pekin went horribly awry. Potential due dates are April 4 and 11. I guess we'll see how it goes![/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]  @shahtir101
  [/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]@KeyFlock
Hi all! I set 37 eggs yesterday, due to hatch on April 4th. They are a barnyard mix. Rhode Island Red rooster and Barred Rock X White Leghorn rooster. Hen wise I have: Black sex link, Red sex link, RIR, Barred Rock, White Leghorn, Brown Leghorn, Barred Rock crosses, and a Light Brahma. Looking forward to adorable chickies! [/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]Feel free to correct me. LOL[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@butterfliesdoku
 Bielefelders, Legbars and Easter Eggers![/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@ChickenGrass
 Hope to be setting cream legbars in April.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@speney
 I will be setting eggs the first of April I'm just not sure what kind yet it depends on what I can get my hands on lol[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@heatherledet
 We're set! Well the eggs are!
1f61c.png
Day 2! Due on the 4th! [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@country lovin
  On the waiting list for some cream legbar eggs so I might be in![/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@hereorthere
 Just have a variety of BCMs, Welsummers, and Olive Egger's.  Prolly more Olives - can't wait to see what hatches.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@harrellkd
  I'll be putting more eggs in the first of April[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@Honora
  I will be setting Orpington eggs from Papa's Poultry again.  I just sold my cockerel a couple of weeks ago & he had just been starting to mate the hens so I might throw in a couple of my hens' eggs as well & see if anything hatches.  Those would be half lemon cuckoo Orp and half bbs bantam Orp if any hatch.  Now that I think of it I should probably check a few & see if they look fertile. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@CoopDeDoo
 I am getting some eggs to put under my broody this weekend - should hatch April 8th(ish)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@firedragon1982
 hopping into the HAL a little late. Just received 12 D'uccle and 6 D'Anvers eggs...[/COLOR]
here is my update on 3/25- set 7 cream legbar, 7 sapphire, 5 Sally's projects, 7 lavender Orpington.

This one agrees temp with the spot check. The other one I bought is two degrees cool.

Maybe I didn't do the salt test right? I used a water bottle cap not quite full of salt and enough water to wet it all down, then put it in a quart ziplock for a few hours.
Twenty four hours is what I read... but that doesnt mean I am right. I almost set my hydrometer but then just calibrated the new thermo instead and compared the two.

Twenty four hours is what I read... but that doesnt mean I am right. I almost set my hydrometer but then just calibrated the new thermo instead and compared the two.

The links I found were an 8-hour method and a 4-hour method. I did the 4 hour.

Back
Top Bottom