"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

And then there were 14...
24 hours after #13 this chick hatched. It worked hard to get out unassisted as it was malpositioned and pipped in the middle of the eggs. And, it doesnt appear to have been completely ready to hatch. TLC will start on this little one when it gets out of the incubator. We have named him "Tardy For The Party".
Looks like he may need it :(
But heck better to be late to the party than miss the fun altogether!!

Aww, I had two just like this hatch. I kept one. :)

LL

I've got some chicken eggs in my incubator. Started with 40, but two were clears on countdown day 14. Today, Saturday 4/2/16, is countdown day 12. So, another 9-10 days to go to lockdown.

I'm not sure what breed I'm going to have. I have two RIR roos and 12 RIR hens. But add to that mix 17 black stars (black sex links). So the black stars are 1/2 RIR, right? It will be interesting to see what kind of barnyard mix I end up with.

This is my first attempt at incubating. I'm using a Farm Innovations 4250 foam incubator (has turner and forced air fan).

And I don't know what else to say.
Hi!! Welcome along! It's fun here!!
So your lock down date is 4/11 or 12? And due date is 4/15 or 16, I think mine is the same due 4/16&17, also using a styro forced air auto turn

My eggs are on day 19 should see any movement yet?

Probably not yet. You might hear peeping before you see movement, and that will probably be closer to Day 21 unless your heat was up a little high or you have little eggs, and it is closer to day 20.

I've got some chicken eggs in my incubator. Started with 40, but two were clears on countdown day 14. Today, Saturday 4/2/16, is countdown day 12. So, another 9-10 days to go to lockdown.

I'm not sure what breed I'm going to have. I have two RIR roos and 12 RIR hens. But add to that mix 17 black stars (black sex links). So the black stars are 1/2 RIR, right? It will be interesting to see what kind of barnyard mix I end up with.

This is my first attempt at incubating. I'm using a Farm Innovations 4250 foam incubator (has turner and forced air fan).

And I don't know what else to say.

Well have fun! It is such a treat to see your first chicks hatch! And it is still magical after many more hatches! But, the best part is watching my first-graders see it for the first time in their lives!

Got outdoor pictures of my ducks that hatched on Easter. This one is my favorite
love.gif

Adorable!!!! I'm loving the pictures with greenery. It is snowing hard here right now! The ducks are precious! I sure wish I could have some at my place, but we freeze up and I have no moving water for them to enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom