"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

My first hatched chickies.
wee.gif
wee.gif

The window of my Farm Innovations foam incubator is getting a little condensation on it. Is it because some of the eggs are hatching or because I have too much water in the channels? I know it is hard for some of you to see the water channels since the incubator is so far from the screen, but is what I'm asking is how common it is to get condensation once the chickies start coming out to play.
Nothing unusual about excessive condensation during hatching. Chicks are wet when they hatch, and create a lot of humidity as they begin drying. I wouldn't worry about it, though it is annoying when you can't see what's going on in the bator...

I'm not sure.  I don't think those particular eggs were sex linked but I guess I should ask the breeder, if he even remembers! How are your chicks doing?  Got any new pics? Mine are still all fine in spite of the omphalitis. Eating & running around & happy. 

Mine are doing well. Still have one will crooked toes.

Good job! I don't think I'm ready to do it myself yet. The vet only charged $38 to do 4 goats and they all got their 1st CD&T too! We have 2 chickies now and 1 more zipping. The 2nd one is trying to help the 3rd one hatch....or maybe trying to eat him lol. My 6 year old son wanted seramas badly! He is very content tonight! 

Wow! That's pretty good! It's nice that you have a vet around, I have to rely on some goat breeders in the area. We do have a vet but she isn't avalible for emergencys. Good luck with seramas! The vet was going to charge us $20 per kid. That would be $40 for the 2 we have now, and we have another die who is going to kid (we think she has at least 3). Then by that point it would have just got to expense (for me).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom