"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

When I got home from work this morning at 7:30 AM I had two chicks hatched out . Now about an hour and twenty minutes later there is a total of six out, and another one zipping. There's only 2 or 3 that haven't pipped out of the twenty six eggs. But its hard to tell now because the chicks are knocking the remaining eggs around. It's almost like pop corn. lol

Yeah, the first zipper in my hatcher caused the others to hurry I am certain.

Hello y'all! Got olive eggers, easter eggers, wyandottes, and dominiques all in the incubator! The big day is April thirtieth! Also got some wellies and sultans coming in May second! So excited! Love my girls!
ya.gif

OH MY GOODNESS! Chicks everywhere! Congrats everyone on their peepers (I didn't see any quackers, honkers, or screechers (that would be peefowl and goats; I have no idea what sound and emu makes) but congrats if there are some of those too).

Just to join the convos I have missed:
- It is gloomy is Texas today.
- I don't have a basement either. I incubate on a L shaped section of counter top in my kitchen. It is a constant temp and we walk past the eggs constantly for viewing.
- I am on day 10 of 28... so still waiting.
- I can't wait to hear with your kiddos in class thought of the hatching. EXCITING!
- Glad the grandson became more interested in the hatch.

And my chick is a meme. I am one proud Mama.

Back
Top Bottom