"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Decided to post pics of my call ducklings swimming in the bathtub. Chaos they are NOT snacks, so NO PUTTING BUTTER ON THEM!!!

AWWWWW how stinkin' ADORABLE!!!! Beautiful pics, and adorable cute fuzzy webbed billed wet water birbs.
love.gif

We learned a hard lesson today. We opened up the egg that had a blood ring and it actually had a heart beat still :( I am so upset about it. I thought it was dead because I had seen heartbeat and movement in it before but when I candled there was no movement. And a very ugly bloodring.

We have 5 clears 1 more that may be a blood ring but I'm leaving it alone! and 26 look good so it's not as bad as I originally thought.

Last edited:
Prime decided to bounce on seconds head so I opened up quickly and removed it added more water and shut the bator quick. saw several more pips and hope that I haven't hurt the rest. That first one is six hours older and just kept bouncing on the other. Sign of a boy? lol

My third chick just hatched. There was bleeding when she hatched and her butt looks swollen with what looks like yolk on it. What is that link again for the "What's with her butt?" info?

When you open your clears at that point are the yokes all runny? The few clears I opened last hatch, the yokes weren't solid like when u crack a fresh egg. Just curious if that is normal or if maybe they had gotten "scrambled"?

I think it might be normal as a few of mine looked like that.

Back
Top Bottom