"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

I hear cooing, cheeping from egg #2. I tapped on it while it was next to my ear and it sounded like the chick did a somersault inside! It's crazy.
How neat.

Quote: I would imagine the humidity will right itself when it gets to incubation temp. Is the cracked egg in there? When an egg pips the humidity rises, could the cracked egg also be adding to the humidity then?

How neat.

I would imagine the humidity will right itself when it gets to incubation temp. Is the cracked egg in there? When an egg pips the humidity rises, could the cracked egg also be adding to the humidity then?
Yep, it's in there. But I would think that if the membrane isn't broken the humidity wouldn't go up, but it is possible.

Update on my babies. Prime is happy as a clam in the brooder. And second went in with it early this morning after I heard a pained chirp in the bator. One lil fella is still in his two piece shell and the second had been kicking it. Trey is still laying in there chirping and several have pips. so guess I'm sitting on my hands again for a while. Humidity is holding pretty good even with me opening for a second to get the first two out. Fingers still crossed.

Update on my babies. Prime is happy as a clam in the brooder. And second went in with it early this morning after I heard a pained chirp in the bator. One lil fella is still in his two piece shell and the second had been kicking it. Trey is still laying in there chirping and several have pips. so guess I'm sitting on my hands again for a while. Humidity is holding pretty good even with me opening for a second to get the first two out. Fingers still crossed.
woot.gif
fl.gif

How neat.

I would imagine the humidity will right itself when it gets to incubation temp. Is the cracked egg in there? When an egg pips the humidity rises, could the cracked egg also be adding to the humidity then?

Yep, it's in there. But I would think that if the membrane isn't broken the humidity wouldn't go up, but it is possible.
I'm going to just put them in the Octagon. I have the humidity detector on there, and it is just not worth taking the chance. My students would be so disappointed. They are so excited! The humidity is still going up on the advanced, so it is just not worth the risk. I have a new hygrometer to use with the advance, and I need to make sure it is calibrated correctly. My octagon has been spot on, and I have the humidity pump, so no worries in there. :)

Back
Top Bottom