SQ WHITE COCHIN BANTAMS~~~~~~~1 HaTcHeD sO fAr~~~*PIC*

Quote:
IM SO SAD NOW!!! i went out to check on the chick and the hen was off of the nest and the chick was GONE. the other egg was there but the chick completely vanished. but on the good side i have some silkie X easter eggers due to hatch on the 13th.:)

Quote:
no she was separated. im thinking she ate it.the reason i gave the chick to her is because she adopted 18 chicks from tractor supply. i thought she was a good momma. boy was i wrong. its all my fault.

Quote:
no she was separated. im thinking she ate it.the reason i gave the chick to her is because she adopted 18 chicks from tractor supply. i thought she was a good momma. boy was i wrong. its all my fault.

Whoa...I've never heard of hens eating chicks, even those not their own! There would be some sign that the chick had been...uhh...dispatched, blood or something.

hugs.gif
I have heard of this. I guess you have to keep a close eye on them when doing an adoption. Sorry this happened just the same.

Chalk it up to living and learning. I did see the little eggs in the bator picture.
smile.png
Something nice to look forward to.
jumpy.gif

thanks everyone. i guess i should cheer up there isint anything i can do about it now.its all over. but yes i still have 10 silkieXeastereggers, 1 of my mutt chicken eggs,and 39 northern bobwhite quail. thanks for everyones kind words.

Back
Top Bottom