Squeaker with twisted neck.

thinkyesi

Songster
Oct 24, 2016
Hi yall, so the past couple weeks has been very rough! We had a very bad case of cocci within our loft. But everyone is better and healed.
But this morning when i went to open the loft for the birds. I noticed one of my squeakers on the floor. He looked dead. But i noticed he wasnt. When i went to touch him he started to roll his head around very erratic. And started flapping and moving his legs around alot. He looked as if he was having a seizure. I put him back in his nest with his parents but he started rolling around again and fell out of the nest. His nest is about 3 feet off the floor. I picked him up and held him against my chest. He was pushing with his feet and twisting and turning his head and making 'no motion' with his head for a good minute. He finally calmed down and fell asleep. But if i move him or try to pick him up he will start to walk backwards and roll his neck around and tuck it under his neck and start blinking very fast and twitch.
Do you think this could be pmv?
He has very watery light green poop. Could it maybe just be a concussion that he may have gotten?
I know people will tell me to put him down. But obviously he's being a fighter. So im trying to give him a chance. Hes only been like this since this morning.

Hi yall, so the past couple weeks has been very rough! We had a very bad case of cocci within our loft. But everyone is better and healed.
But this morning when i went to open the loft for the birds. I noticed one of my squeakers on the floor. He looked dead. But i noticed he wasnt. When i went to touch him he started to roll his head around very erratic. And started flapping and moving his legs around alot. He looked as if he was having a seizure. I put him back in his nest with his parents but he started rolling around again and fell out of the nest. His nest is about 3 feet off the floor. I picked him up and held him against my chest. He was pushing with his feet and twisting and turning his head and making 'no motion' with his head for a good minute. He finally calmed down and fell asleep. But if i move him or try to pick him up he will start to walk backwards and roll his neck around and tuck it under his neck and start blinking very fast and twitch.
He has very watery light green poop. Could it maybe just be a concussion that he may have gotten?
I know people will tell me to put him down. But obviously he's being a fighter. So im trying to give him a chance. Hes only been like this since this morning.
Do you have him in a 'hospital' cage. I mean separate where you can monitor him closly and where he will be safe?

Can he eat? drink?

I had that same problem with a Birmingham Roller female, about 4-5 years old. She would do that randomly( walking backwards and doing weird motions with her neck) and eventually died. I’m not saying yours will because that was just one bird. I’m curious about what causes this. What breed do you have?

My hubby came home lastnight from work and he decided it was best we put the baby down. He was having too many seizures and he looked like he was in so much pain.:hit:(

Back
Top Bottom