Squishy Crop

PNWChicky

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 5, 2013
Kingston, WA
I just got 3 EE chicks that are 2 weeks old. I got them yesterday late afternoon. When they were getting them out of their bin at the feed store they were very flighty and hard to catch. When we got home they seemed really stressed and scared. They kinda just laid in a heap. I checked on them throughout the night and they didn't move around much. I did keep dipping their beaks in water. This morning they were doing much better, i put some water in their food and made them some mush which they eat pretty well. This evening when i picked them up i noticed that all of their crops seemed squishy; they weren't squishy when they first came, i kept checking to see if it was full. Is this normal for chicks who haven't eaten for a while and then started eating again? All my other chicks i got when they were 3 days old and i didn't have this type of problem with them. Should i put some ACV in their water? I did put the safe-a-chick electrolyte vitamin stuff in their water last night.

I just got 3 EE chicks that are 2 weeks old. I got them yesterday late afternoon. When they were getting them out of their bin at the feed store they were very flighty and hard to catch. When we got home they seemed really stressed and scared. They kinda just laid in a heap. I checked on them throughout the night and they didn't move around much. I did keep dipping their beaks in water. This morning they were doing much better, i put some water in their food and made them some mush which they eat pretty well. This evening when i picked them up i noticed that all of their crops seemed squishy; they weren't squishy when they first came, i kept checking to see if it was full. Is this normal for chicks who haven't eaten for a while and then started eating again? All my other chicks i got when they were 3 days old and i didn't have this type of problem with them. Should i put some ACV in their water? I did put the safe-a-chick electrolyte vitamin stuff in their water last night.

Its possible they were dehydrated and thats why they were drinkin galot. Where did U get them from? Sav-A-chick would be very good for them.

Back
Top Bottom